• ok i have played close to 20 games now face to face against the same guy every time.  we switch sides each game.  he has won with japan twice, and i have yet to win with japan.  i like the J1 attack, and i usually leave phi for rnd 2.  i almost always buy 3 trans rnd 1.  i have been very close a few times but only to see the americans do the dirty work while the dang anzacs come in behind them to get the glory.  can anyone maybe give me a few ideas to get this win?  thanks.

• @katfishkris:

ok i have played close to 20 games now face to face against the same guy every time.  we switch sides each game.  he has won with japan twice, and i have yet to win with japan.  i like the J1 attack, and i usually leave phi for rnd 2.  i almost always buy 3 trans rnd 1.   i have been very close a few times but only to see the americans do the dirty work while the dang anzacs come in behind them to get the glory.  can anyone maybe give me a few ideas to get this win?  thanks.

According to Kaufstick, Japan takes Phil and Celebes round 1, the rest of the DEI round 2, Singapore rd3, builds a Major Ic in singapore round 4, builds 10 inf in singapore round 5 and captures India shortly. Japan also brings its navy back to the Japan-Carolines-Philippines area to counter US/ANZAC naval forces(since a navy isn’t needed against the UK) until India is captured and Japan has grater income. Then, they focus on Hawaii, which can be taken from Japan, or Australia, which can be taken from Singapore

• This is the basic J1 attack:

Take PI with 2 transports (2 inf 1 art 1 tank) from home fleet + cv from Truk (planes in land battle) + okinawa fleet.
    Eliminate UK BB (and transports) with 3 Bmb + Formosa fighter. (wonder if you knew about this move)
    Kill New Britain sub with DD
    Kill Hawaii Tr with SS

Take Kwantung, Yunan, etc… with troops and planes on continent + additional planes from Japan.

Speed is critical for Japan. You have to neutralize UK/China in 3-4 turns. If you find yourself having to spend heavily on mainland forces as well as building your navy the allies have won.

• very nice indeed.  what do you do for ncm?

• @katfishkris:

very nice indeed.  what do you do for ncm?

Land every single plane in kwangsi, move all chinese units closer to the front

• i like hong kong J1 as well.  are those guys better off fighting the chineses instead?

• @katfishkris:

i like hong kong J1 as well.  are those guys better off fighting the chineses instead?

You can take hong kong as well. You have enough planes. Some like invading it with a transport so they can use mainland troops to fight in china

• with these moves, what should be purchased J1?  3trans still?

• @katfishkris:

with these moves, what should be purchased J1?  3trans still?

That or 2 trans, 1 minor IC for Shanghai

• The Caroline transp can either help take PI or take Borneo J1.

J2 the Phillipines transports have 3 moves because of Naval Base.
    Possible to pick up surviving troops from HongKong and take DEI or Malay peninsula. (Can also reach Queensland which gives ANZAC something to ponder)

With transports you built J1 land more troops in French Indo China (to help cut Burma road again J3). You can build minor Ind in FIC.

At this point I retreat two thirds of my fleet to Truk to stare down the Americans. single DD screen to prevent Hawaii fleet from entering Sea of Japan.

• What is truk?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

What is truk?

One of the Caroline Islands.

• thanks for all the input fellas.  we played 1 round sunday night, and i used many of the suggestions i received here.  i was bored tonite (couldn’t play) so i put a copy of the board on abattlemap and posted here.  comments?

katfish aap40.AAM

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m