• @idk_iam_swiss:

care to elucidate?

I said might. That means maybe. Would you like me to come up with some far fetched circumstance where it would be neccessary?

• lol…no need BD. just saying the sahara wasnt crossed by planes for the same reason you pointed out. its way to farfetchd (yes thats a pokemon deal with it)

side note BD looks like an emoticon doesnt it? just saw that now…ha

• @idk_iam_swiss:

lol…no need BD. just saying the sahara wasnt crossed by planes for the same reason you pointed out. its way to farfetchd (yes thats a pokemon deal with it)

Pikachu.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

lol…no need BD. just saying the sahara wasnt crossed by planes for the same reason you pointed out. its way to farfetchd (yes thats a pokemon deal with it)

Egypt was also never taken in the real war.  Here’s a scenario.  Italy takes Egypt, and the South African forces are left all alone and need air support, and the only way the UK can get aircraft there quick enough is to fly them across the Sahara.  I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t just let their planes sit around in the UK and do nothing.

• Okay, how about this:  planes can fly across the Sahara, but it takes two movement points.  That would allow fighters to re-base, but not to fly missions back and forth.  Bombers could fly combat missions across it and get back to their starting base (barely), but they are, after all, supposed to be long range aircraft.

• Customizer

The pripet marsh will feature on the eastern front.  I assume this will be a completely off-limits area similar to desert, but have argued that planes be permitted to fly over it.  I also suggest that infantry be allowed to enter, but no other units.

• @Flashman:

The pripet marsh will feature on the eastern front.  I assume this will be a completely off-limits area similar to desert, but have argued that planes be permitted to fly over it.  I also suggest that infantry be allowed to enter, but no other units.

Flashman, your the history buff, what is your take on flying over Sahara desert?

• If the Marsh lets infantry into it, then it could be a massive torn in the side of Germany.

Russia could put 2-3inf into it, and Germany would then be at risk of terriotys been taken behind their lines by infantry coming out of the Marsh.
    And to destory 2inf would take 5, a large cost. Unless they can fly air units into it, where they would just send in a bomber, 2 fighters and 2 taks along with 2 inf.

• TripleA

@democratic:

If the Marsh lets infantry into it, then it could be a massive torn in the side of Germany.

Russia could put 2-3inf into it, and Germany would then be at risk of terriotys been taken behind their lines by infantry coming out of the Marsh.
    And to destory 2inf would take 5, a large cost. Unless they can fly air units into it, where they would just send in a bomber, 2 fighters and 2 taks along with 2 inf.

infantry in the marsh was just flashman’s wish. the game designer has already stated that the marsh will be an impassable territory.

• Could be a good house rule if the game needs balencing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m