• Does anyone know how the sea zones will be numbered in AAE40? Are they going to start where Pacific left off or are we going to have duplicate numbers?

I ask this only because it seems obvious that we should not have duplicate numbers and hopefully the chimps will not make another “misprint.” However, it will feel strange to say “I am attacking france with my invasion fleet from sea zone 125.” It’s like some just flipped the whole world over.

On the other hand, we did play 2nd edition with no numbers at all… :?

• Official Q&A

Europe’s sea zone numbers will start where Pacific’s left off.

• @Krieghund:

It’s a good thing that they thought of this because otherwise you would have to call sea zone #1 either P1 for Pacific or  A1 for Atlantic.

• @Brain:

@Krieghund:

It’s a good thing that they thought of this because otherwise you would have to call sea zone #1 either P1 for Pacific or  A1 for Atlantic.

I thought it would be E14 or P7. But picking up where Pacific left off works just as well too.

• Hey 'Hund, just to get our imaginations primed, can you let us know how many SZs in total there will be in the combined game? Cheers, MIR

• Official Q&A

• 127 :-) This is really starting to sound good. Naval battles in the Atlantic are going to take on a new flavor. The Navy’s will be able to maneuver.

Unleash the Wolfpacks!

• @Todd7912:

127 :-) This is really starting to sound good. Naval battles in the Atlantic are going to take on a new flavor. The Navy’s will be able to maneuver.

Unleash the Wolfpacks!

For the battle of the atlantic there will need to have canada as a power so that the UK player that will probably control them will have to ship them over the atlantic

• Naval battles are always stymied by the super stack strategy.

• Naval battles are always stymied by the super stack strategy.

Yeah, I know, but in the last Europe game I was able to get Germans wolf packs out in time to prevent the Allies from getting a stack of ships. At least there will be room to spread out the subs.

• @Brain:

Naval battles are always stymied by the super stack strategy.

The new capital ship repair rules help with that a little.

• There’ll be a need to spread out to make / defend against all those tasty convoy disruptions.
    The so-called ‘superstack’ will not be economically feasible or strategically viable.

@KH: Nice! Thanks for the info. Realllly looking forward to my first game of Global '40 now…

• @Make_It_Round:

There’ll be a need to spread out to make / defend against all those tasty convoy disruptions.
    The so-called ‘superstack’ will not be economically feasible or strategically viable.

@KH: Nice! Thanks for the info. Realllly looking forward to my first game of Global '40 now…

Lone ships get sunk. How can that be economically feasible?

• Okay, BD. You go ahead and sink my lone sub with your superstack while I’m disrupting the rest of your convoys. See how that works for you.  :roll:

• @Krieghund:

In the old editions, the numbers go from left to right, wich is correct in the western world. But in this game the numbers go from right to left, wich is the jewish way. So I got some conspiracy therories, but that might be too political for this site. I’ll just say, Money Talks.

• @Razor:

@Krieghund:

In the old editions, the numbers go from left to right, wich is correct in the western world. But in this game the numbers go from right to left, wich is the jewish way. So I got some conspiracy therories, but that might be too political for this site. I’ll just say, Money Talks.

Maybe cause the game is made in China.

• It’s the French connection 8-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m