• Been working on making my own makeshift version of the anniversary edition, finished making the map and the objectives/start up charts (Thanks to people on this forum, I’m very grateful) but I’m still missing Italian/Chinese pieces and markers. I thought I’d check here if anyone had some spare that they would like to sell for a reasonable price.

Short of that, could an anniversary owner please advice me as to which pieces look the most like Italian ones? For example it seems like their artillery looks like Japanese Artillery. Knowing which ones look the most like the actual Italian pieces would help in the scavenging for pieces to repaint.

• Customizer

Italy has only two unique sculpts.

Infantry - Unique Italian Sculpt (Looks kinda similar to German Infantry)
    Artillery - Japanese Artillery Sculpt
    Tank - Unique Italian Sculpt - (Looks kinda similar to Japanese Tank)
    Fighter - German Fighter Sculpt
    Bomber - Japanese Bomber Sculpt
    All Navy Units are Copies of German Naval Pieces

Chinese Infantry Pieces do not look like any other infantry pieces. (If i had to chose a piece i would suggest using soviet infantry pieces)

I suggest you just buy a copy of 1942 and spray paint some of the pieces to form an Italian Army and a Chinese Army. Thats probably the cheapest solution.

Not exactly what you were looking for but I hope it helps.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

Italy has only two unique sculpts.

Infantry - Unique Italian Sculpt (Looks kinda similar to German Infantry)
    Artillery - Japanese Artillery Sculpt
    Tank - Unique Italian Sculpt - (Looks kinda similar to Japanese Tank)
    Fighter - German Fighter Sculpt
    Bomber - Japanese Bomber Sculpt
    All Navy Units are Copies of German Naval Pieces

Chinese Infantry Pieces do not look like any other infantry pieces. (If i had to chose a piece i would suggest using soviet infantry pieces)

I suggest you just buy a copy of 1942 and spray paint some of the pieces to form an Italian Army and a Chinese Army. Thats probably the cheapest solution.

Not exactly what you were looking for but I hope it helps.

Thanks a lot man, is there somewhere I can download the Italian markers as well? (So that I can print them and glue them to cardboard).

• Customizer

Will this work? (Of course it will need to be resized.)

Note: AA50 uses the Iranian Roundel (Green, White, then Red) instead of the Actual Italian Roundel (Red, White, then Green)
    Technically both are incorrect as far as WWII history is concerned, but if you use the image I posted you will match the roundel AA50 uses.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m