• I got a Griddle for cooking breakfast.

• Seeing a smile on the faces of my kids.

• @ABWorsham:

I got a Griddle for cooking breakfast.

Pancakes or eggs or both with bacon or sausage or both? French Toast maybe?

I’ve been drinking and that always turns my thoughts to breakfast.

• @Brain:

Seeing a smile on the faces of my kids.

That was the best part.

• @frimmel:

A coffee mug whose handle is a set of brass knuckles.

Hehehe, awesome.

@frimmel:

@ABWorsham:

I got a Griddle for cooking breakfast.

Pancakes or eggs or both with bacon or sausage or both? French Toast maybe?

I’ve been drinking and that always turns my thoughts to breakfast.

Hell yeah.  Breakfast can be served anytime, but it certainly is a remedy for a night of drinking.

I got a digital camera that I asked for.  The boy got a bunch of junk and a Ford F-150 electric car (truck).

• My girldfriend got a Wii, we were playing Mario Kart all weekend.  Also I am almost done paying off my girlfriends engagement ring ($5200), my pops gave me the last 750 to pay it off.

• @RogertheShrubber:

My girldfriend got a Wii, we were playing Mario Kart all weekend.  Also I am almost done paying off my girlfriends engagement ring ($5200), my pops gave me the last 750 to pay it off.

Don’t forget the prenuptial agreement. Trust me, that will be the best investment you’ll ever make.

• Lol, I will have my lawyer draw up the papers tomorrow.  :-D

• You can spend a little money now or a whole lot of money later. You probably think I’m being funny, but I am not. I am deadly serious. Mark my words: If you don’t do it, you will one day remember this warning, and wonder why you didn’t listen. And now my conscience is clear my friend. You have been warned.

• @RogertheShrubber:

My girldfriend got a Wii, we were playing Mario Kart all weekend.  Also I am almost done paying off my girlfriends engagement ring ($5200), my pops gave me the last 750 to pay it off.

Wow, 5200 for an engagement ring, mine cost 35 dollars, I’m not joking.

• @ABWorsham:

@RogertheShrubber:

My girldfriend got a Wii, we were playing Mario Kart all weekend.  Also I am almost done paying off my girlfriends engagement ring ($5200), my pops gave me the last 750 to pay it off.

When he figures out how much a divorce cost he will think that $5200 is peanuts.

• @Brain:

You can spend a little money now or a whole lot of money later. You probably think I’m being funny, but I am not. I am deadly serious. Mark my words: If you don’t do it, you will one day remember this warning, and wonder why you didn’t listen. And now my conscience is clear my friend. You have been warned.

Gotta second this. If you don’t think the courts are on the females’ side and will not assist her in making a slave of you or in separating any children you might have from you, check out some of the horror stories here.

If you don’t think it can happen to you it pretty much already has.

I hope of course that you have a long and happy marriage but prepare now while you still like each other in case you don’t.

• I’ve got my own horror story.

• I will take head your words.  But I am not sure how I can broach the subject to her.

• @ABWorsham:

@RogertheShrubber:

My girldfriend got a Wii, we were playing Mario Kart all weekend.  Also I am almost done paying off my girlfriends engagement ring ($5200), my pops gave me the last 750 to pay it off.

The ring was actually priced down.  She cut 400 off since I paid half up front.  Paid the rest off over the past year.  Karat and a half.  I got it back home in Iowa because taxes in Chicago are insane.

Share.

GG

• @Brain:

You can spend a little money now or a whole lot of money later. You probably think I’m being funny, but I am not. I am deadly serious. Mark my words: If you don’t do it, you will one day remember this warning, and wonder why you didn’t listen. And now my conscience is clear my friend. You have been warned.

This has got to be the crappiest Catch-22 ever.

I would feel that getting a prenup means you probably shouldn’t get married in the 1st place.  But I’ve been around and know how important it is to CYA, and that you never really know who a person is.

I guess I’m just weeping that people aren’t genuine and just use everyone else if they can get away with it.

• All I am saying is that when I got married I thought about a prenup but I thought nah, it won’t happen to me, not with this woman I am with, she is different than all the rest, right? Wrong, I was never more wrong. Not long after I was married, my wife became a completely different person and soon I was unhappy. All that woman wanted to do was spend money. I tried for years unsuccessfully to salvage our relationship, but alas it was not to be. I also juggled bills, used creative financing, and did everything I could do to stay afloat, but I just could not keep up with my wife’s spending. Finally, I filed for divorce which was another great expense, but in my case was far cheaper than staying married. I figure during the time I was married I lost about $250,000 and the divorce probably cost me another $100,000 (which I am still paying for) and those are conservative numbers. And now I think back to when I thought about that prenup, and I remember thinking as you do, just how do I bring this subject up?, and all I can say to you is if I knew then what I know now, I would have found a way or I wouldn’t have gotten  married.

• No doubt men get the worse end in divorces.

• @RogertheShrubber:

@ABWorsham:

@RogertheShrubber:

The ring was actually priced down.  She cut 400 off since I paid half up front.  Paid the rest off over the past year.  Karat and a half.  I got it back home in Iowa because taxes in Chicago are insane.

I’m not a cheap ass, I need to clear that up. I gave my wife the choice of a ring or the down payment of a house.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m