• Dear community,

although I have searched, I couldn’t find a clear answer for my question…

I’ve still got troubles taking the right meaning of “unspent IPCs” on page 19 of the rule book. During our last match hot discussions started interpreting this. Let’s say Russia ends its round collecting 20 IPCs with 3 unspent IPCs from the last round included. If Germany now sacks Moscow, does its player then collect 20 or just 3 IPCs? Taking 20 IPCs some area-IPCs would be counted twice…

Maybe it’s very simple, but for me as a non-native speaker english written rule books are sometimes troublesome.
    Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany. �

• They take all 23 IPC.
    It was probably easier to understand in the older versions, where “paper IPC money” was collected each round, and som could be saved from round to round.
    If your capital was taken, you should hand over all of the IPCs. Furthermore, you are not able to collect IPCs unless you recapture your capital - but don’t recapture it just to lose it again, this would simply be to hand over income to the opponent.

So if you expect your capital to be taken by the opponent, you should try to spend all IPCs.

Losing a capital (Moscow or Berlin) usually decides the game, unless the other one falls at almost the same time.

• At the beginning of its turn, Russia decides to spend 17 out of the 20 IPCs it has, so has 3 IPCs left unspent.
    At the end of its turn, Russia collects 20 IPCs from the territories it controls, so Russia now has a total of 23 IPCs.
    On Germany’s turn, Germany captures Moscow, and takes all of Russia’s IPCs.  Russia has 23 IPCs to begin with, so Russia hands them all 23 over.  Germany gets Russia’s 23 IPCs and Russia has nothing.

• Thank you for your replies!

It wouldn’t burst the rule book, if there would be more foolproof examples for the kind of me  :-D

• i ated teh original rulebook so dey had to rewrite

nomnomnom

But in all seriousness, the Spring 2004 rulebook IS pretty good . . . IF you already know how to play from Revised or earlier editions.  :|
    Maybe I should write a new rulebook and call it “teh bunbunz big book of r00lz”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m