National Advantages for Axis & Allies 1942 Ed.

• Hey Otzea

You got some good point abpout aixs influence.

Don’t forget Iraq.

• ITALY ADVANTAGE

1. GUSTAV LINE
      If the allies pass through Northern Italy,axis infantry defend at 3 in the first round of combat.
    2. LYBIA LANDMINE FRONT
      Allies tanks cannot attack in the first round of combat if they pass through the frontier of Libya.
    3. OIL DISCOVERS!
      Italian player gets 3 IPC from bank if Italy control Egypt & Libya.
    4. ITALIAN CARGO FACILITY
      Italian transport can move 3 sea zone.

That’s enough for Italy.

you seem to prefer the number 3… :-D

• I really think together that we can iron out some really nifty NA’s

I want to see some Spanish, Turkey and more Italian ones.

Some neutrals need some. I like the “Italian trains run on time mantra”

You could have their infantry move 2 spaces in Italian controlled areas

Keep this up and refining them. Then we take the best and submit to larry. He is working on these for AAE40. At least we can try to influence the process.

• I realy think that you can do something with minelaying and/or magnetic mine.
    Friends and member of our club love this little rule.
    It’s free and it’s easy to apply.

Each turn just put 1 marker in the sea zone of your choice.
    If a ennmy warship pass through the sea. (During combat or non combat move).
    On Roll of 1, you sunk a ship. (your choice).
    One mine exploded, its remove from the gameboard.

German & Italian mine make a lot of damage in the med (to block the Malta route) and in the Atlantic ocean.
    A least, it could be use for axis N.A.

• USSR AVANTAGE

Scorched earth,trans-siberian railway,mobile industry and general winter are a must but you can add…

1. CITIZEN TAKES ARM
      Russian infantry defend at 3  :-) in Moscow,Stalingrad and Leningrad.
    2. CAUCASUS MOUNT
      Only infantry can pass through the Caucaus & Iran frontier.
    3. SINO-SOVIET PACT
      Russian & Japan player may signed a non-agression pact (4 turns).
      or a cease of fire (2 turn). Each player receive 2 IPC from the bank if they respect the pact but may pay 10 IPC if the attack.
    4. RUSSIAN SPY (Since 1943, secrets informants revealed Hitler plan to the USSR commanders. -the battle of Koursk is a good example-
      So 2 times during the game, russian player may call ‘‘Russian spy’’.
      So at the beginning of a battle, all german ground units attack capabilities are reduced by one in the first round of combat.

• UK ADVANTAGE

Radar and Home guards and Enigma Code must be part of UK N.A but….

1. BRITISH RUNAWAY
    • UK player may retreat infantry by sea during combat move or amphibious assault.
      attacker/defender can stop the attack and may retreat but only the infantry can.
      To do so, transport must be in the adjacent sea zone.
      You must respect the load limit. (maximum 2 infantries per transport)
      Artillery and tank cannot retreat. Those units must stay on the beach and your opponent win the battle and receive 1 IPC for each salvage.
      This rule represent the battle of dunkirk, the battle of greece and malaya retreat.
    1. OCEAN LINER
      At the beginning of the game, UK player may choose 1 transport as Ocean Liner.
      Move = 4
      Defend = 1
      Attack 0
      Loading limit = 4 infantries (May transport US,France or others allies)
    2. MINE SWEEPER
      UK player may choose 1 destroyer to remove ennemy mine.
      1 per turn.
    3. COMMONWHEALT CONSCRIPTION & LABOR
      At the beginning of the game, Uk player add 1 industry in Canada and on each turn,
      1 infantry in India and 1 in Australia.
    4. MONSOON IN ASIA
      2 times during the game, Uk player may call ‘‘monsoon’’.
      Axis player cannot move ground units in Malaysia,Burma, new Guinea and India.
      But Uk units cannot move either.
    5. SUPPLIES LINE
      After the thrid, Uk player receive 2 IPC from the bank if Royal Navy control the Atlantic, the med and the Indian Ocean.

• Re-Worked, much more simplicty

2. Axis Influence
    As the stage was being set for war, the smaller nations of Europe watched carefully, waiting for the right moment to throw their lot in with one side or the other.
    During each game turn, make a note of how many National Objectives each power achieves. (Use a note pad, or stacks of Control Markers). At the end of each game turn, compare the total values of the Axis and Allies. If the Axis value is twice as much as the allied value then the Italian player may choose one of the following:

a)Spain lends its hand to the Axis, place a free Italian infantry in Germany, also Spain opens its borders briefly, for the following turn consider Gibraltar and France to be adjacent for axis forces.
    b)Turkey opens the Dardanelles to Axis forces for the following turn.
    c)An Arab uprising takes place; place an Italian infantry in Trans-Jordan, resolve combat immediately. Place a National Control Marker if necessary, and then remove the infantry from the game board.

If the Axis value is three times more than the Allied value then the Italian player may choose from this chart at random by rolling a die, each of these abilities can only be activated once per game, re-roll if necessary:

a)(Roll of 1 or 2) Spain joins the Axis! Its forces are represented by Italians; place one infantry in Morocco Algeria if it is under Axis control, and 2 infantry, 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 AA gun, and an Italian control marker in Spain. Also place a Victory City to represent Madrid. Spain is now treated as a 3 IPC territory.
    b)(Roll of 3 or 4) Turkey joins the Axis! Its forces are represented by Italians; place 4 infantry, 1 AA gun, and an Italian control marker in Turkey. Place a Victory City to represent Constantinople. Turkey is now treated as a 3 IPC territory, Turkey is considered adjacent to Bulgaria Romania.
    c)(Roll of 5 or 6) Coup d’ etat! A government in Egypt, Trans-Jordan, or Persia pledges its support for the Axis. Place 1 infantry and 1 artillery in an Allied controled territory with the least Allied units present. Conduct combat if necessary. If the coup is successful, place a Victory City and Italian Control Marker.

• How about this NA for Germany, to replace the V2 NA:

Waffen-SS
    Volunteers from all over Europe joined the Waffen-SS, to fight with the Germans. At its hight, this armed wing of the SS consisted of 38 divisions.

Once per turn, you may place one infantry for free in Germany.

• Im not a fan of any of the NAs being exact copies from already avalable techs

like v2s, radar, paratroops

UK should have a “tech sharing” NA so that it can buy techs from the US

The US should have a manhattan project tech, so it can research faster

Germany should also reserch faster/better, and if you want to replace V2s, use V1s as their NA….just a V2 that does less damage…die roll is halfed or some such

• @Raeder:

How about this NA for Germany, to replace the V2 NA:

Waffen-SS
    Volunteers from all over Europe joined the Waffen-SS, to fight with the Germans. At its hight, this armed wing of the SS consisted of 38 divisions.

Once per turn, you may place one infantry for free in Germany.

Hi

I actually use this as a NO for Germany.

But I called it SS Division Wiking (German Foreign Legion)

-The division was formed around three motorised infantry regiments. Germania, mostly ethnic Germans. Westland, mainly of Dutch and Belgian volunteers, and Nordland, mostly Danes, Swedes, Finns and Norwegians.This takes part in Germanys Purchase Units Phase, if Germany control Western Europe & Scandinavia, Germany receive 2 additional infantry units at no cost, these units is considering volunteers from those areas and countries.

Now that Mechanized Infantry enter the game, maybe it should be Mechanized Infantry at no additional cost?

• I used the OPs NAs for the first time last night. We rolled 2 d6 to see which NAs each country would get. I was Germany and got the V2 Rockets. Instead of having the UK surrender the IPCs to the bank, we did like a SBR and placed damage markers under the IC. Together with a 1 bomber SBR, the UK IC had a stack of 12 damage markers under it which the UK decided that all damage markers needed to be removed. We really enjoyed playing with these and will be adding them in again two at a time until we are familiar with all of them and then have all of the NAs for each country in play. Nice job and thanks for posting the NAs. These kinds of things make AA42 an even better game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m