Operation Sealion a Possibility with AA1940 Europe?

• Are these the new changes to be implemented for this version?

• @cannon:

Are these the new changes to be implemented for this version?

Not that I know of. We are just stating rule changes that we would like to see.

• We do know that nobody got rich from taking Berlin, the only thing they got was the rocket tech and some pretty high occupation expenses for the next 20 years. When taking Paris and Rome, the attacker got even less, its more like they had to pay when conquering this capitals, lol.

No, no, no… The Germans had the French pay occupation costs during WWII… It was retribution for the war reparations from WWI, and they were a LOT harsher to the occupied France 1940-44.  Germany did NOT have to invest a lot more into France to get anything out of it; the southern half of the country was willing to collaborate, many of the factories were taken over intact, and the Germans also confiscated just about any/all war material, commercial trucks, and aviation equipment for Operation Barbarossa against Russia the following year.

Germany also used a lot of tanks produced in Czechoslovakia for the invasion of Poland and Russia, and a lot of the Ukranians were willing to work with them in Russia.

If France falls, Germany gets to loot the defeated player’s IPCs, period.  Same should be true for the other allied capitals.  If there’s a rule for building in other faction owned factories with the defeated player collecting IPCs from their remaining territories, I’m all for that.

• no no no sgt Blitz, please

When France was occupied, the GDP (gross domestic production) was halfed. So this 6 IPC territory actually should give the german occupier 3 IPC in income a turn. Remember that any occupied territory is scorced down from the fighting and the population is killed. And the stuff you loot is usually obsolete, so you cant put it into good use. The germans gave the obsolete Char-B tanks to the Rumenians becase they were too ugly.

• @SgtBlitz:

We do know that nobody got rich from taking Berlin, the only thing they got was the rocket tech and some pretty high occupation expenses for the next 20 years. When taking Paris and Rome, the attacker got even less, its more like they had to pay when conquering this capitals, lol.

No, no, no… The Germans had the French pay occupation costs during WWII… It was retribution for the war reparations from WWI, and they were a LOT harsher to the occupied France 1940-44.  Germany did NOT have to invest a lot more into France to get anything out of it; the southern half of the country was willing to collaborate, many of the factories were taken over intact, and the Germans also confiscated just about any/all war material, commercial trucks, and aviation equipment for Operation Barbarossa against Russia the following year.

Germany also used a lot of tanks produced in Czechoslovakia for the invasion of Poland and Russia, and a lot of the Ukranians were willing to work with them in Russia.

If France falls, Germany gets to loot the defeated player’s IPCs, period.  Same should be true for the other allied capitals.  If there’s a rule for building in other faction owned factories with the defeated player collecting IPCs from their remaining territories, I’m all for that.

I believe this is already reflected in the rules as once you take the capital you do get the IPC value of the capital and you do get to use the existing factories.

• @Adlertag:

no no no sgt Blitz, please

When France was occupied, the GDP (gross domestic production) was halfed. So this 6 IPC territory actually should give the german occupier 3 IPC in income a turn. Remember that any occupied territory is scorced down from the fighting and the population is killed. And the stuff you loot is usually obsolete, so you cant put it into good use. The germans gave the obsolete Char-B tanks to the Rumenians becase they were too ugly.

So, by your logic, this game as a reflection of war is entirely pointless since you only LOSE money by taking over enemy territories, factories and capitals?  So, France, England, and Russia would serve no point by being occupied and we should just let the game consist of pointlessly wasting resources on building army pieces that are never used and just threaten nearby stacks?

Sounds a lot like the Cold War.  Let’s just rename the game to Aldertag’s Cold War, 1940-2009.  Why are you even playing Axis and Allies anyway?  There’s the reason WWII was our last world war, and hopefully remains so.

• Here we go, one smite to you

• @SgtBlitz:

Why are you even playing Axis and Allies anyway?  There’s the reason WWII was our last world war, and hopefully remains so.

I dont know what the teachers on your school told you, but Hitler startet this war from one reason, he wantet to kill jews, just like your muslim friends in Taliban and Hamas.

• I think you guys need to play a nice friendly game of Axis and Allies.

• @Adlertag:

@SgtBlitz:

Why are you even playing Axis and Allies anyway?  There’s the reason WWII was our last world war, and hopefully remains so.

I dont know what the teachers on your school told you, but Hitler startet this war from one reason, he wantet to kill jews, just like your muslim friends in Taliban and Hamas.

Wow, that was uncalled for.  Touched a raw nerve there.  All of a sudden I’m a pro-Muslim Extremist, when all I did was disagree.

Main point I was saying is that war in the long run is pointless.  Nationalities and people’s movements will always trump external forces trying to coerce people into submission through the barrel of a gun.  Axis and Allies doesn’t reflect reality.  There’s no way in hell the French would have willingly signed their country over to German control, I agree with the halved production assessment.  Just think that losing capitals should mean something other than a number on the board, and give something meaningful to the aggressor, for taking the risk in attacking it.  Otherwise its just a giant game of chicken.

• War is pointless??  Who is teaching you that nonsense"

Just ask the American Confederates, the Japanese Imperialists and the German Nazis if war is pointless?

They will not agree that war is pointless.

These regimes were all replaced thru War waged relentlessly against them.

War is certainly not pointless if it is carried thru to Victory.

• War is pointless, but Axis and Allies is not.

• I totally agree! Its something that EVERYONE in my familiy plays together! With this global game I might even be able to get 8! (if anzac is its stand alone power in the Global game) people together! ( I can let my sister be france….)

• @Shakespeare:

War is pointless??

War is theft. Its like somebody come to your house at night and steal your car, TV and silver dining kit. Hitler was a plain burglar, only difference was the scale, he stole oil fields, iron mines and whole countries. If he was not a Fhurer, he would have been a horsethief, it was in his blood.

My point is; wars, like theft, dont pay off in the long run. God will cut you down sooner or later. Just look at Germany. In 1945 they were poor. Butt when they quit stealing and started the hard work from 1950 and forth, they got rich. Today Germany is a very rich power. So no, you wont get 30 IPC when you conquer Moscow. You got to use the territorie’s IPC value and the factories, thats all.

• @SgtBlitz:

All of a sudden I’m a pro-Muslim Extremist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdznv9Q6o9s&feature=channel

• @Adlertag:

@Shakespeare:

War is pointless??

War is theft. Its like somebody come to your house at night and steal your car, TV and silver dining kit. Hitler was a plain burglar, only difference was the scale, he stole oil fields, iron mines and whole countries. If he was not a Fhurer, he would have been a horsethief, it was in his blood.

My point is; wars, like theft, dont pay off in the long run. God will cut you down sooner or later. Just look at Germany. In 1945 they were poor. Butt when they quit stealing and started the hard work from 1950 and forth, they got rich. Today Germany is a very rich power. So no, you wont get 30 IPC when you conquer Moscow. You got to use the territorie’s IPC value and the factories, thats all.

So we agree.  The only point of contention is that you think the attacker should only get the territory’s value, whereas I think they should get the banked sum of IPCs.

• I also believe that you should not get the banked sum of IPC’s

• when people sell things that, “fell off the back of a truck”, they never sell them for retail price, they always sell them for less.  So the IPC value and not the bank tracks better with that approach.  However, if you were to steal a country and then put it on ebay, you could get much more than retail for it, be just like selling AA50…

• Yeah…some poor 3rd world countries gdp might be able to pay for one…in 3 years…

• @LuckyDay:

when people sell things that, “fell off the back of a truck”, they never sell them for retail price, they always sell them for less.  So the IPC value and not the bank tracks better with that approach.  However, if you were to steal a country and then put it on ebay, you could get much more than retail for it, be just like selling AA50…

Don’t forget the shipping and handling.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m