• Hi All,

I notice that a sub bid into SZ98 is almost standard when playing the Global version. So why is it that most people consider Europe '40 fairly balanced without it? Where’s the difference that I’m missing?

• Japan is in Global and the U.S. needs to spend much of its (poor ) income, ensuring it does not become too much of a monster. The European map can get ignored the first few turns.

In Europe alone, U.S. has 50 income to spend all on this  one map. It tends to be enough to keep the Euro Axis down. Playing Globally, the Allies did not have the privilege of so much American help on this one side. A bid helps.
    I hope that has explained the reason properly.

• Cheers. Makes sense.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@wittmann:

Japan is in Global and the U.S. needs to spend much of its (poor ) income, ensuring it does not become too much of a monster. The European map can get ignored the first few turns.

In Europe alone, U.S. has 50 income to spend all on this  one map. It tends to be enough to keep the Euro Axis down. Playing Globally, the Allies did not have the privilege of so much American help on this one side. A bid helps.
    I hope that has explained the reason properly.

This is correct, although I’d almost say it’s too pro-Allied.

• I agree with Karl7 and wittmann here.
    The bids are going mostly elswhere.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m