Bombardment and Battle with tranny in same seazone.

• Krieg, the situation that I am in right now goes as follows:  The Italian player wants to attack a lone tranny in seazone 12, while at the same time attack with an amphibious assault in Gibralter against 2 planes and a bomber.  Im not sure he can divide his forces in the same zone; the player wanted to use one cruiser to attack the lone tranny, and then use the BB and 2nd cruiser with  Ita tranny to do an amphibious on Gibralter.  Would he have to commit his fleet to the tranny, thus taking away his bombardment option in that seazone.

• That’s an interesting situation.

I’ve interpreted the rules to mean that all naval ships must participate in the naval battle if there are enemy warships in the sea zone from which you plan to launch an amphibious attack.  That means you cannot divide a BB for the purpose of clearing warships while committing your CA to a shore bombardment.  Both must fight in the naval engagement.  However, I do not know what the rules are for attacking transports or submarines since these need not be cleared for the amphibious landing.  I would imagine you can split your forces in this case.

• Disregard my question I see this same situation was already answered earlier in this forum.

• Official Q&A

You can’t split your forces within the same space.  Either all of your ships attack the transport or all of your ships ignore it.

• Thank you kreig

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m