• Norway?

• @Frontovik:

Norway?

I like Norway as an option - I’ve placed an IC there (as UK) many times.  It’s hard for Germany to liberate Norway too.  The only thing is that it obviously doesn’t help you at all in Asia or the Pacific the way India does.  I think the times that I’ve placed the IC complex in Norway it was later in the game after I had a foothold in Asia (with an Indian IC).
    Thanks.

• I think France is a great place for an allied factory.

1. step: Atttack and conquer France
    2. step: Build a factory in France
    3. step: Pour out a mix of land units ( 3 infantry/1 artillery/2 tanks) and attack Italy or Germany.

I would like to see the axis counter move to this, lol  :lol:

• Typically a good German player wouldn’t allow the Allies to control France for a full round of play.

• as the allies i would love to have a factory in france.  seems though everytime i take france, the italians or the germans take it right back.  i surely would not want to buy the germans a factory to use in destroying the allies.

• Yeah, France is way too easy for Germany to liberate…

• @katfishkris:

as the allies i would love to have a factory in france.  seems though everytime i take france, the italians or the germans take it right back.  i surely would not want to buy the germans a factory to use in destroying the allies.

Byt this french factory is a Trojan Horse.

Usually a skilled german player will abandon France and move all units against Moscow ASAP. That is, if he want to win. Now if the allies conquer France, the skilled german player will just ignore this, and continue the push against Moscow ASAP. But not if the allies place a factory there.

An Allied paid factory in France is a gift to the Huns, just like the gift the Greeks gave to the Trojans.

If the Huns accept the gift, then France will soon be a deadzone that are tradet back and forth, with units that originally was bound for Moscow. Soon the Slaves will visit the Huns. It will be like “Stalin’s revenge” all over again.

If the Huns dont care for this prejudicial gift, then the Allies will use it to pump out 4 infantry, 1 artillery and 2 tanks each and every turn. Now you go figure, man.

• and a factory in France helps to reduce the effectiveness of any strat bombing of
    Germany

• @Adlertag:

Usually a skilled german player will abandon France and move all units against Moscow ASAP. That is, if he want to win

In fact, trading France is a good recipe to axis defeat: it gives allies 16 IPCs for free if UK takes it, and 22 if Italy is so stupid of “freeing” between UK and USA’s turn

Remember, economy is on axis side in this edition, a new cool feature courtesy mainly due the crappy chinese status  :-P, so axis has absolutely no haste to take Moscow (or San Francisco if allies suicide and try ignore Japan - swarm of starting trannies). Pure economics will do the job better than any tank rush if axis prevents allies taking all the income possible

• Abandon  France!

No!!

• For UK, Norway sounds like a good spot. They can send in tanks to Russia fairly easily. Infantry would be too slow though. I don’t know if it is gamebreaking :S. In revised, Norway was directly connected with Russia. A Norway IC in revised was enough to make an attack on Nazi land

Robert

• @Cmdr:

If you are lucky and Japan is not primed to take India round 2, an Indian IC can be a godsend.

If Germany did not hit Egypt, than an Egyptian IC is even better! (Italy has no chance, not with 4 Infantry, Artillery, Armor, Fighter, Bomber in Egypt at the end of England 1.)

I like one in Philippines as well, FIC isn’t half bad either.

France works well for the Allies too.

If your building in France, Phil, Man, or FIC doesn’t that mean the game is well in progress and your at stages you can’t really plan for at the begining of a game?  And if the UK happened to take France it is so darn close to it I would hesitate to build an IC there (unless making massive amounts of cash).

A Brazil factory seems pointless/ a liabilaty, A Norway factory for the UK seems redundant (unless they are making massive amts of cash) but may be OK for the US player.  Canada seems silly.

I have never been in a position to be able to consider an early IC build in Egy or India.  If one insists on an early factory build I would say SAF is easily the most defendable option, but the better option if it can be done would be a T2 Aussie buy

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m