I have a Game scheduled for Oct. 3-4.

I will post a AAR w/ pics after the game

Death

• @Deaths:

Death

I look forward to seeing them. This may create some more interest in your game.

• @Brain:

@Deaths:

Death

I look forward to seeing them. This may create some more interest in your game.

Use the Module I made and make a file of each turn as you play to show the movement

Alrighty, I just dropped $197.50 for a sweet azz print job.  45.57" x 96" which is just under 32 sq. ft of color printing on a photo matte paper.  The map is on 2 sheets of paper with the seam running East to west at about 12’’ from the bottom of map.  This size will fit version 1 AA minis and War at Sea pieces.  I am very excited to play this game this weekend.  6 people are going to show up from all points across Wisconsin.  When the game is over I will post as many pics as I can and some details about the game.  We will be using AA50 rules along with some old revised rules and some House rules. All the players are experienced in AA and are in their 30’s.  I believe this will be the Largest Axis and Allies Board Game in existance. :-D

Can’t wait to post a after action review for all to see

later
    Death

• humm any changes to the map you posted ? i would really want to see some changes here and there lol

For players aid :

1. add in cruiser ship for the purchase chart

2. add in neutral deploy unit symbols on the map (just for neutrals)

To add a bit more realism :

1. make japan into 4 areas :

“The four largest islands are Honshū, Hokkaidō, Kyūshū and Shikoku, together accounting for 97% of Japan’s land area.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Regions_and_Prefectures_of_Japan.svg

1. Gibraltar : who ever controls this can pass through between there and Morocco

3)  Denmark : who ever controls it can pass through sea zone 18

1. Norway : who ever controls it can pass through sea zone 17

2. Maylay : who ever controls it pass through sea zone 70

3. add in polisti (the main oil production for Germany , inside Romania) for Romania as a victory city

4. Change name of Cairo to Egypt : and make Cairo a victory city inside it

8 ) add Portugal beside Spain as neutral (will join axis if attack) and Azores belong to them too

1. Iraq was actually pro axis , so at least make it neutral (join axis if under attack)

2. add in whales for mainland England

3. add in northern Ireland as England controlled separating from Eire

12 ) add in Belgian at where it was

1. add in Cherbourg at western France as victory city

2. Split Yugoslavia into two half  , the inner land first half still remains Yugoslavia (inner land) or as Croatia  as German control, All the shore areas are into one new area (maybe something like Italian owned Yugoslavia) this area connects mainland Italy and Greece / Albania together

3. add port in Vladivostok

4. add Soviet convoy at sea zone 134

5. add German convoy at sea zone 18 (all the Sweden minerals are imported there)

6. add British convoy in sea zone 64 (Suez was the most important supply line for Africa)

7. Argentina would turn axis if under attack ( they were pro axis at the time )

8. Brazil would turn allies if under attack (pro US they were)

@whitewolfmxc:

For players aid :

1. add in cruiser ship for the purchase chart

I can’t, I personally lack the know how or a good unit shadow to use. can rules insert it in.

1. add in neutral deploy unit symbols on the map (just for neutrals)

Why? isn’t the off white color say they are neutral enough?

To add a bit more realism :

1. make japan into 4 areas :

What will this accomplish?

1. Gibraltar : who ever controls this can pass through between there and Morocco

Rules change not a map change

1. Denmark : who ever controls it can pass through sea zone 18

2. Norway : who ever controls it can pass through sea zone 17

3. Maylay : who ever controls it pass through sea zone 70

Same answer as Gibraltar

1. add in polisti (the main oil production for Germany , inside Romania) for Romania as a victory city

I moved the Factory back to Yugoslavia so i decided no victory city was needed and I couldn’t figure out what font was originally used

1. Change name of Cairo to Egypt : and make Cairo a victory city inside it.

Lack the letters on the Map with correct background to copy and paste into place, and again the font issue

8 ) add Portugal beside Spain as neutral (will join axis if attack) and Azores belong to them too

Azores are on the map, and I tried drawing a border and it didn’t look right

1. Iraq was actually pro axis , so at least make it neutral (join axis if under attack)

The European game has it as British so I left it the same

1. add in whales for mainland England

Space is congested enough, not enough room for another territory

1. add in northern Ireland as England controlled separating from Eire

again, space constraints due to piece size

12 ) add in Belgian at where it was

not enough room on map

1. add in Cherbourg at western France as victory city

France already has Paris

1. Split Yugoslavia into two half  , the inner land first half still remains Yugoslavia (inner land) or as Croatia  as German control, All the shore areas are into one new area (maybe something like Italian owned Yugoslavia) this area connects mainland Italy and Greece / Albania together

Why does it need to be connected? It is surrounded by friendly territory.

1. add port in Vladivostok

There is a port in the japan sea zone already

1. add Soviet convoy at sea zone 134

Soviets already make alot

1. add German convoy at sea zone 18 (all the Sweden minerals are imported there)

Not enough space on map

1. add British convoy in sea zone 64 (Suez was the most important supply line for Africa)

without looking at which zone is 64, Indian Ocean already has 2 convoys for UK and there is simply no room for one in the Med.

1. Argentina would turn axis if under attack ( they were pro axis at the time )

Rules adjustment, not a map adjustment

1. Brazil would turn allies if under attack (pro US they were)

I made them neutral for that reason. Axis powers can’t get there B4 US anyways

Thank you for your feedback, but my technical skills are not that sharp, I did what I could with the map given to me to work with.

I understand that there are also a few spelling errors still, but no where as many as their where. Any who, hope these reasons of mine are a satisfactory explanation for you.

• Did anyone try the module for Abattlemap? Did you like it… any suggestions?

Honestly, I have not…… yet

Too much on my plate lately. And to top it all off, I have a Son Due on Oct 26th, so I have been really busy. But I promise I WILL check it out

• @Deaths:

Honestly, I have not…… yet

Too much on my plate lately. And to top it all off, I have a Son Due on Oct 26th, so I have been really busy. But I promise I WILL check it out

Congrats! You do have a lot on your plate… future A&A player on his way! hehe Just want to hear from anyone who has tried the module… was it to big… too small… errors… improvements?

I edited the first post with some rules that we use for this map.

If anybody has any good suggestions for a Italian National Advantage, I would love to hear about it

Europe at Set Up

USA E. coast Set up

Pacific Set up

Asia at set up

Most of Russia set up

a shot looking down at Germany from Set up

Late in the game, USA is pushing in on JPN

same push from above

One of UK many “landings” in Europe

Another UK landing in Europe.  He took Berlin on this one

Jap. Aggression

the “walls” Square off
    this photo was taken right after Russia Plowed into a Japanese stack, reducing it to 2 units left.  Russia inflicted 36 casualties to Japans 9  :evil:

The whole Board

We used large pieces to Act as Fleet or Army cards

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m