• surely he just painted the planes with metallic paint  :wink:

• I never thought of that.  It looked like he did that on the decks of the VC’s also then.

LT

• Actually what our group is doing to our navy planes and Carriers is putting a very small strip of magnetic tape you can buy in a roll and cut to size.  One side is adhesive but we add glue to avoid any edge curling.  It doesn’t take much - especially a washer type magnet - because all you are doing is keeping the plane from falling off.

We put a small strip down the belly of the plane.  And we put a small patch on the top of the carrier.  Its totally hidden when the planes are on it.  Saves the work and trouble of drilling and iserting mag wire or metal down the centers.

• @oldsalty:

Actually what our group is doing to our navy planes and Carriers is putting a very small strip of magnetic tape you can buy in a roll and cut to size.  One side is adhesive but we add glue to avoid any edge curling.  It doesn’t take much - especially a washer type magnet - because all you are doing is keeping the plane from falling off.

We put a small strip down the belly of the plane.  And we put a small patch on the top of the carrier.  Its totally hidden when the planes are on it.  Saves the work and trouble of drilling and iserting mag wire or metal down the centers.

Nice!  Good to know that it works.  I sat in Hobby Lobby looking at that for a good 20 minutes, it comes on what looks like a roll of tape.  But, it looked so flimsy I just didn’t think it would have the strength to hold the planes on the deck.

Thanks for the confirmation OldSalty!  I didn’t really feel like drilling out all my planes.

• Oldsalty,

Thanks for the info.

LT

• 2007 AAR League

@oldsalty:

Actually what our group is doing to our navy planes and Carriers is putting a very small strip of magnetic tape you can buy in a roll and cut to size.  One side is adhesive but we add glue to avoid any edge curling.  It doesn’t take much - especially a washer type magnet - because all you are doing is keeping the plane from falling off.

We put a small strip down the belly of the plane.  And we put a small patch on the top of the carrier.  Its totally hidden when the planes are on it.   Saves the work and trouble of drilling and iserting mag wire or metal down the centers.

smashing info! will try that out myself!

And Satchel… Wow! “Impressive” doesn’t seem to be nearly enough, to describe that table…  :-o

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m