Re: Converting images for A&A Mini Modules

• '19 Moderator

I’m going to try to finnish out Contested sky’s this week.  I’ll send them by nation

• I’ll do reserves

• '19 Moderator

France Germany Italy and Japan Contested Skies done

Rest tomorrow maybe

• Recieved, though it’ll take me a while to import them all.  A few notes:

1.  Standing soldiers should be in the 42 pixel range (or 44 if you count the white border).

2.  The end image needs to be 80x60, so everyone can save me a step if the set their images’ canvas sizes to that as the last thing.

3.  If possible, naming the image file exactly what the units name is saves me having to look it up in the gallery.

Thanks so much to everyone!

• '19 Moderator

Ok, are my soldiers too short?  I have been resizing before I remove the base, I didnt’ realise until after that this might be making them too small.

80x60 np

I had been keeping the names used in the gallery, that’s why I was sending them my nationality, because it was getting confusing to me, I’ll change it

• It’s no biggie, I’m sure they will be usable, but yes I can tell you clipped the base after-the-fact.

FYI, I’ve updated the directions a bit more.  The click-region notes have been added.  I’ll figure them out for the images you already sent, but its more efficient for the new ones if it is determined while the inages are created.

(Really MapView should just differentiate the background from the foreground based on the mask color while mousing, but it doesn’t do that yet so we have to do it the old-fashioned way).

Yeah, the gallery uses funky image names, I dont know why.

• '19 Moderator

You lost me with the click region.  I understand the rectangle, but I’m using MS Office Picture editor and Paint, you know free programs :D I don’t know anything about programing, my experience is cutting and pasting to make funny pictures and map editing, hell I have Corell at home, but I don’t know how to use it…

So I don’t know how to figure out the cordinates, does a normal editor show your coordinates when you are editing?  I supose I could count the pixels, but damn…

I am already counting pixels to determine the image size…

btw. that yellow color is rough on the eyes :)

• '19 Moderator

Ok as an example for the Mine image I sent you today if I included a txt file with:

Is that what you need?  I figured out a way to get them with MS Office picture editor…

• '19 Moderator

LMAO, I figured out ho wto do it with paint now too, aslong as I am showing the coordinates right I start including that.

• In paint, us ethe selection tool.  It shows all four needed coordinates in the bottom right in the status bar as you drag…though I suppose I should have included that in my description!  :oops:

I’ve just updated it.

What I’m looking for each units is roughly:

Flakpanzer:  left=25, top=23, width=17, height=19

or even just

Flakpanzer = 25,23,17,19

The formating doesn’t matter, just that the values are in the right order

• '19 Moderator

ok got it

• '19 Moderator

Ok, I think that’s it for Contested Skies, that ought to keep you buisy for a minute :-P

• Reserves completed also… :-o :-o :-o

• Yikes its an avalanche of stuff to do!

• I’m gonna re-size all unit that appear to small.

Grizzled vet, luftwaffe inf, semovente, vet smle,communist partisans, bren gunner, inspiring hero.

After that i’ll do the D-Day set.

I know you got an avalanche of units but you can just keep these on the back burner until you get time.

no rush.

• '19 Moderator

I’m going to ease off for a few days, I may pick back up again next week.

• Yes, let me catch up.  I won’t even have time to start bringing all these new ones until Friday.

• I’m glad to see other folks have jumped into the production. The system that had all my unit graphics templates crashed a few weeks ago and I lost the next batch of units I was working on. Fortunately, all my scenario map templates were on another computer so I still can add more maps in the future without having to start at ground zero.

By the way, nothing says that we can’t design a custom set of maps just for AAM online gaming. Let me know if you have any ideas in this regard.

• @Cobalt:

I’m glad to see other folks have jumped into the production. The system that had all my unit graphics templates crashed a few weeks ago and I lost the next batch of units I was working on. Fortunately, all my scenario map templates were on another computer so I still can add more maps in the future without having to start at ground zero.

By the way, nothing says that we can’t design a custom set of maps just for AAM online gaming. Let me know if you have any ideas in this regard.

I’d like to see the new maps added at some point.

• '19 Moderator

More maps is better for sure.  What is the file type you use for maps?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m