A&A Minis Module Support - Unit Requests

• General MapView suggestions are welcome, though I’m starting with getting all the units in place first.

As to missing units in Set I, I think they are all in place now.

At this point, the modules that are available from the pinned topic in this forum are the most current.  They are also likely to not be compatible if you mix them with older modules (my bad).  As long as you and your opponent are both on the latest modules AND latest version of MapView, you will be fine.  If one of you is on a different version then the low-man may get some errors.

Another addition to my own request list…Head Shot icon.

• OK, I’m working on the new modules.  The ones I’m working on will have different file names and versions than the ones in use by our small group.  That way any games-in-progress will not get messed up.

From now on you will see a version number (some like 1.123) in the name of the module so you can always check if you and your opponent are on the same version.

The modules will be backwards compatible as long as the “major” version number is the same.  This means that someone with a module of version 1.111 sends you a game file and you have AT LEAST 1.111 then you can open and read their file.  The inverse will not always be true.  If you are on 1.123 and receive a game file from someone with 1.456 and it throws an error, then they are using a unit you dont have yet.  You will need to download the latest version of the module.

So bascially, the version nunber is a quick and easy way to verify what each person has, but you’ll still have to use common sense in checking that both players are up-to-date.  It should always be safe to upgrade to a version with a higher build number.  If you ever see the major number go up, then it’s a whole new module that is NOT compatible.

Question:  What order should the units be listed.  I’ve already merged in the sets such that the “Set II” tab is gone and the units have been folded in to their respective countries.  But as I go, how should I order them?  Alphabetically perhaps?  Let me know, I’m working on this right now.

• I’m thinking they should be ordered more like troops, then artillery, then vehicles myself.  If I’m looking for a tank, I don’t want to have to remember that the “Rhino” is actually under “V” for Veteran.  That’s already an issue with the Minis Database, at least for me.

• Mot to answer you question I think if it’s possible you should make subfolders.

1st folder
    Axis or Allies
    2nd folder
    Countries
    3rd folder
    breakdown by set
    (I think the number order in the set should determine the order that they’re listed in)

I’m not sure if I’m explaining clearly.  Just an example.  If I want to pick a Thompson Gunner.  I’d click 1st on the Allies folder, 2nd on USA and 3rd folder set 5 (maybe calling it reserves would be easier)

If there is a lack of capability to do this, I would think there are two ways to list them

1. By subtype under the country tab.  Use the same subtype as the minis database, sort by point value, lowest first.
    2. Just by point value under the country tab.  (this would be the easiest and probably the easiest way to sort through)

• @Cobalt:

Hey Mot,

I think the game mechanics are pretty good so I don’t have any particular request for the Mapview system in itself. What I would like to work on with you (I can supply the graphics) are creating modules based on some of the historical scenarios posted on the official AAM site.

I have a map already created for the “It Makes One Cry” North Africa scenario. I’m not smart or patient enough to do the XML programing stuff myself, but I can provide the map and the BMPs for the playing pieces.

Thanks,

Brian

How is the progress in creating the scenario maps?  If you’ve got one handy, I’ll see how it looks inside MapView.

• @Half-Track:

M36 MGC
    Elite Panzer

Completed.

• More requests please!

• well I guess I’ll go again. 
    SET III

Char B1-Bis
    Panzerschreck

• Let’s get the SD KFZ 303 Goliath from set 5 kinda cool German piece (like a remote control bomb)

sGrW 34 81 mm Mortar from German set 4

92nd Infantrymen (buffalo soldiers) from USA set 4

M1 81 mm Mortar USA set 4.

That should keep you busy.  Thanks Mot

• What I don’t get is why we don’t have more players.  This game rules over the original A & A.  I mean that game was so text book.  There was almost a base formula to win that game every time.  The only thing that could set you back were extremely bad dice rolls.  (which is my luck of now in AAM,  but that will change)  I must say I did think it was great before being introduced to this.  Thanks to Half-Track.  Anyways I think I will soon have a new recruit.  Takes a lot longer to explain all this but well worth it.  You A & A people out there need to get with the program.  AAM RULES PERIOD.

New requests please:

SS Stormtroopers                        set 3                  German  (maybe should cost 7 instead of 6)
    Wermacht Veteran Infantrymen      set 4                  German  (steely resolve is cool)
    Ranger                                        set 5                  USA  (nice cover in hills and endurance SA)
    40mm Bofors                                set 3                  Brits  (Bye-bye vickers)
    17 Pounder Anti-Tank Gun              set 3                  Brits  (something cheaper to stop a Tiger?)
    Defiant Paratroopers                      set 4                  Brits  9 almost like a SS panz gren)

Also Let’s get rid of those BARS.  :evil:

Do what you can Mot. THANKS…

• I concur with adding the Ranger :-D  I love US units, in case no one noticed. :wink:

• Modules updated, still lots to do, that was quite a list  :-D

• Mot I’m confused which are new maps?  There are two postings.  I’m assuming it’s the top but I’ve clicked on it and it doesn’t work.

• I’ve had the same problem with the maps.

Also, please add the Panzer IV Ausf. F2 (1939-1945 set) to my wish list.

• Whoops!  All better now.  Sorry guys!

• new unit requests

Are we ready to play with aircraft yet?  I’d suggest to add them all in one shot.

If not I’ll request
    Comet A-34
    Type 3 Chi-Nu

• After playing with the soviets I think they need the soviet version of the Bar gunner
    Degtyarev DP-27 set 5
    I know your swamped with requests but whenever you get a chance.
    Thanks

• @Half-Track:

Are we ready to play with aircraft yet?  I’d suggest to add them all in one shot.

I was thinking the same thing.  Though I may add the AA units 1st.

• Please add the Panzer IV Ausf. F2 – from the 1939-1945 set

• @Gamer:

Please add the Panzer IV Ausf. F2 – from the 1939-1945 set

Done.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m