• yeah …what he said

• There’s a few ways to get dice for determining battle outcomes

one is utilizing the Play By Forum capability (PBF) which reports the rolls right in the game thread like this (3 inf attacking 1 inf)

DiceRolls: 3@1; Total Hits: 03@1: (5, 4, 5)
    DiceRolls: 1@2; Total Hits: 01@2: (3)
    Another is a web site that acts a a dice server.  Fill in the screen blanks with numbers and rolls appear on the screen as well as being emailed (and logged if you have a game id).  Another online club like ww.AAMC.net (http://aamc.net/bunker/) uses a screen approach like this that also keeps game records (W-L) and rankings.

Alot of people use WWW.FROOD.NET for a dice roller too.

Then there’s also Triple A, a Java program that has a real time inteface as well as a PBEM option, but I am not that informed about Triple A as I don’t have the time to sit and play online like I used to (when there was a CD-Rom and online play was rampant before the dark days of the dice cheat).  Clubs like warclub, Spring1942 and Axis and Allies world club.  I know AAWC still is going strong (http://www.axisandalliesworldclub.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)

Welcome to the wonderful world of A&A online gaming!

Everything the A&A addict needs

• To use that in-house dicey Axis Roll showed you, you type ;aaa 3@1; but replace the semi-colons with colons.

For example,
    ;aaa 3@1;

but with the colons
    DiceRolls: 3@1; Total Hits: 03@1: (2, 6, 5)

• Also, the play boardgames forum has editing/deleting posts disabled, so unscrupulous folks can’t keep replaying their rolls until they get favorable results.  Trust, but verify. ;)

• Ok … I’ve never done this before either so here it goes…

DiceRolls: 12@1 4@2 6@3; Total Hits: 512@1: (5, 3, 4, 2, 5, 2, 1, 4, 6, 3, 6, 5)4@2: (5, 6, 1, 4)6@3: (2, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2)

• Sweet … now I can actually see what the heck is going on when I look at other people’s game

DiceRolls: 13@1; Total Hits: 613@1: (1, 4, 4, 1, 3, 4, 3, 1, 6, 1, 1, 5, 1)

• what a lucky roll !

• let me try this
    Maybe sticky this thread to help new players as well?

DiceRolls: 3@1; Total Hits: 03@1: (6, 5, 2)
    DiceRolls: 5@2; Total Hits: 15@2: (4, 4, 4, 1, 5)
    DiceRolls: 1@3; Total Hits: 01@3: (6)

edit: not even electronic dice like me  :cry:

edit 2: well just learned, don’t edit after you put in the role  :roll:

• DiceRolls: 3@1; Total Hits: 03@1: (4, 6, 5)

• :aaaaaaa 7@3:

• DiceRolls: 3@1; Total Hits: 03@1: (5, 3, 4)

• :-o
    Just go to TripleA and the program does everything for you. Eveen has a weak AI for beginners to beat up on while you learn the mechanixs of the game. Best Axis and Allies engine on the net! bar none. :-D

• how do you get it to work with the forum. i have not been able to get it to adsept my moves so i can use the dice roller from the forum or input opponent roles ether. how do you do that?

• I think you have to download a patched version of TripleA
    it is specially made to auto post to forum

it posts the moves, gives you “battle score” and even has a screenshot at the end

• not perfect, but it will work for my end, but what about my opponent’s moves and roles. will he have to use Triple A as well?

• Yes, for smoothe play, it is best that both of you use tripleA. That way, when you send them your file, they can open it and play their turn, save their turn and send it back to you. Quick, Easy, and Done.
      :-D

• for on forum you need the patched version. can i get a link to it, the link i have brings me to a broken link for down loading the patched version.
    i am having the worst luck with this  :roll:

• I have Triple A, it does not seem to actually be revised and I haven’t figured out how to load and unload transports.

• @Scalenex:

I have Triple A, it does not seem to actually be revised and I haven’t figured out how to load and unload transports.

when you go to load new  game

choose  ˝lhtr incomplete˝

to load units on tra, you click on them with your left mouse button then click on the sea zone where your transport/s are located, with the left mouse button again

• Thanks, I’d give you a karma point if I knew how.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m