• dang, are we gona make baseall cards with em!?

• 2007 AAR League

i’ll try to have a go at it, but i’ll start out small.
    Try to collect something like stats from an individual tourney. Thinking Spring-07 Singles.
    Problem now - need to get hold of the info from the Games in Progress thread. Games are a bit unsorted…  :-D

• @cyan:

dang, are we gona make baseall cards with em!?

Nothing should stop you from making your own.  If you were to do so, you would separate each Year as it’s own line and then doing a Career Total at the bottom.  Doing a “Ctrl-D” to “Fill Down” on the spreadsheet cells with forumlas will automatically correct for the row.  Then all you need to do is enter formulas for the bottom to add up the raw data, “Games” to “Total Battles Won as Axis”, you enter.  Enter this formula in the bottom row A “=SUM(A2:A10)” where A10 would be the last row of your chart.  Then select that cell and drag over to column J of that row.  Then do a  “Ctrl-R” to “Fill Right”.  That will auto-correct the formulas for each column.

• 2007 AAR League

I’d be most interested to see a correlation between bid amount and axis win rates

eg. with bid of 7, Axis wins 45% of games

What’s really needed is a database…

• I think that while I am playing it is slightly difficult to take note of in progress information, like battles related info.

It is more easy to take note of information at beginning and in the end of the game.
    Bid amount is an interesting thing to consider, for newbie as me, that are starting only now to consider bidding. It may be interesting to compare our results based on a certain amount of IPC bidden and results of other players more experts.

IMHO keeping the data to collect simpler allows to realize the idea more easily, because is less laborious to collect data.

• @Frood:

I’d be most interested to see a correlation between bid amount and axis win rates

eg. with bid of 7, Axis wins 45% of games

What’s really needed is a database…

this is a good idea indeed

• Yes, it is a great idea to tabulate game statistics.  I nominate -

(peers around)
    (points at random person)
    (runs away)

• 2007 AAR League

I could create a web page where people can enter the information - that way the work can be shared among a lot of people - just enter your own games or whatever.

Then once we have the data we can pull out different things.

• Give me a pain free means to enter the data, and I will contribute my stats as they are created (I might even back track and post some older data as time permits)

• 2007 AAR League

Give me a week or so…

• The TripleA program could be rewritten to keep track of stats.

(runs away to avoid work)

• @Frood:

I could create a web page where people can enter the information - that way the work can be shared among a lot of people - just enter your own games or whatever.

Then once we have the data we can pull out different things.

hopefully no malicious posters will skew the results.
    You might want to incoporate some sort of restriction upon a user or IP addy or something.

• 2007 AAR League

I think I’d just look at the data afterwards and get rid of any funny data.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m