• 2007 AAR League

hey switch i do believe if the sub hits the bb  with the kill shot, it does not get return fire.  am i correct?

• @mojo:

hey switch i do believe if the sub hits the bb  with the kill shot, it does not get return fire.  am i correct?

The BB is a two hit unit.  Two hits are required to kill it.

Subs do not change this fact.

• 2007 AAR League

i’m talking about the killl shot, once it’s damaged if the sub hits again it does not return fire.

• Just to clarify though, if a sub hits a battleship with a kill shot (meaning that it was previously damaged by another hit, and the sub’s hit indeed killed it), the battleship sinks immediately like any other sea unit would and gets no casualty shot.

Example 1:, I attack your battleship with a sub.  In cycle 1, I hit you (damaging you), and you miss me with the defending fire.  In cycle 2, I hit you again, and you sink immediately without a casualty shot.

Example 2:  I attack your battleship with 2 subs, and manage to get 2 hits in cycle 1.  The first hit damages you, the second hit kills you.  Your batteship sinks immediately wihout a casualty shot.

~Josh

• 2007 AAR League

thats exactly how i see it. i believe thats correct.  but i have to admit i dislike the rule that a sub can’t get the  sneak shot on another sub.  since they both fire on operning fire.  i dislike that,  if there’s no dd they should get the sneak shot.  my buddies and i play that way.  subs can sneak on subs,  it plays good in the solomon & pearl attacks.

• Subs do get the sneak shot on other subs.  Attacking subs fire first during Opening Fire, then defending subs.  “Instant Kills” apply in whatever order the subs happen to score hits.

~Josh

• @mojo:

i’m talking about the killl shot, once it’s damaged if the sub hits again it does not return fire.

That would be correct.  If the second hit is a sneak shot, the BB is sunk w/o returning fire.

• 2007 AAR League

Yes, Craig is right.  The subs both get to fire.  Opening fire casualties are simultaneous.  Regular fire casualties are simulataneous.

• I do believe you’re right.  Hm.  I’ve been playing that wrong for years.  :oops:

~Josh

• One thing about Craig…

When it comes to the rules, I have NEVER known him to be wrong.

• 2007 AAR League

Outside Lime, I believe the way you are playing it is like the classic rules.  Attacking subs get first strike but defending subs don’t.  Thus in a sub-on-sub the attacker has first strike advantage in classic.  Not the case in revised.

• 2007 AAR League

damn.  i’ve also been doing that wrong.  i always thought the attacking submarine would kill of the defender before the defender could fire.  i’m likewise embarresed.  how’d i miss that? ? ?  :|

• Sub combat in Revised is the classic “torpedo in the water” action from movies like Red October and Down Periscope :-D

• 2007 AAR League

Damn.

Some instincts die hard.

I read “torpedo in the water” and my heart jumps.

One of those key phrases like “steam leak” that just kicks in some automatic responses.

• @Baghdaddy:

Damn.

Some instincts die hard.

One of those key phrases like “steam leak” that just kicks in some automatic responses.

“We’re out of hamburgers.”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• 2007 AAR League

@newpaintbrush:

@Baghdaddy:

Damn.

Some instincts die hard.

“We’re out of hamburgers.”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Three bean salad AGAIN!!!  :x  "

Morale on a submarine lives and dies by the quality of food on the mess deck.

• I would imagine that y’all are not fans of the movie “Down Periscope” starring Kelsey Grammer  :roll:

• 2007 AAR League

Actually that was pretty hilarious.

The movies that actually attempt to be “real submarine” movies are the annoying ones.  The interior shots all look like ballroom dance floors compared to the real thing and the short cuts Hollywood takes can really be annoying.

• Buit don;t watch it dubbed.  Either know German, or read subtitles.

It loses so much when the language is dubbed over to English… the loss of the inflection of the actors being critical to the “feel” and “tone” of the film.

• @Craig:

@ncscswitch:

But don’t watch it dubbed.  Either know German, or read subtitles.

It loses so much when the language is dubbed over to English… the loss of the inflection of the actors being critical to the “feel” and “tone” of the film.

EXACTLY!!!

zomg font

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m