Jan 27th Stacking Rules Examination, Explanation and FAQ

• I finally got a chance to read though these new stacking rules and updates.  Some questions and comments.

Vehicle facing:  Same old question?  A vehicle attacking an overstacked enemy vehicle in the same hex (and counter attack); is this a rear armor attack?

Vehicle facing (turretless tank):  Can this vehicle attack a tank in the same hex?

Q13) (my undering) Defensive fire: If a vehicle disrupts an ememy vehicle with defensive fire while the enemy vehicle is moving through the same hex, the enemy vehicle remains disrupted in the vehicles hex that made the defensive fire.  My problems/questions: Must it attack in the same hex (it appears it does from the example)?  This does not comply the current rules.  Current rules state that you can make a defensive fire attack against the enemy unit in either the hex it started in or the hex it is moving into.  Second question is again vehicle facing; if it must or does occur in the same hex, is it a rear armor attack?  Third question is if cover still effects this defensive fire?

We now need an overstacked counter!

• Hey, good to see you around!

Before I answer, was there another stacking rules change recently, or is this still the first one where vehicles can be “overstacked”?

If there was another change since then, please post a link.

Mot

• @Half-Track:

I finally got a chance to read though these new stacking rules and updates.  Some questions and comments.

Vehicle facing:  Same old question?  A vehicle attacking an overstacked enemy vehicle in the same hex (and counter attack); is this a rear armor attack?

Yes.

Vehicle facing (turretless tank):  Can this vehicle attack a tank in the same hex?

If it say “only attack vehicles in front” then it CANNOT attack within the same hex.

Q13) (my undering) Defensive fire: If a vehicle disrupts an ememy vehicle with defensive fire while the enemy vehicle is moving through the same hex, the enemy vehicle remains disrupted in the vehicles hex that made the defensive fire.  My problems/questions: Must it attack in the same hex (it appears it does from the example)?  This does not comply the current rules.  Current rules state that you can make a defensive fire attack against the enemy unit in either the hex it started in or the hex it is moving into.

You can (and should) fire before it enters your hex.

Second question is again vehicle facing; if it must or does occur in the same hex, is it a rear armor attack?

Facing has no effect one way or the other if you are in the same hex.  Its always rear.

Third question is if cover still effects this defensive fire?

Yes, cover rules still apply, but your overstack penalty “hits” are not attacks so those will not get a df roll.

• Overstacked counter Please!!!

• What would an overstacked counter really designate?  That there are more than 1 vehicle in a hex?  I can count to two  :evil:

• Counter needs to be placed on the unit that caused the overstacking… makes this easier.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m