• Will the Task Force feature found in A&A Pacific be found in the Anniversary Edition?

• Official Q&A

No, and neither will the marshaling circles from Revised.

• The task force was a very useful feature in A&A Pacific, and we were also using it for land units as well on some of the Pacific Islands.  I miss the blow-up boxes from the Classic map as well.  That avoided a lot of board clutter.

• that’s ashame… i really liked that feature from Pacific and Revised…

• Official Q&A

Yeah, I really like the task force markers, too.  They make it a lot easier to move big fleets around.  Of course, you can always get out Pacific and use them in Anniversary as well.

• For about 100 $ the game, they could have the markers or the task forces  :-P I hope it don’t include the boxes from classic, I think they are confusing …

• Out of curiosity (and for those who don’t play A&A Pacific), what is a task force?

• Official Q&A

They’re just markers for conveniently moving fleets around.  They’re similar to the marshaling circles and cards in Revised, but much cooler.  Each one is a plastic numbered fleet marker to mark the fleet’s position on the board, with an accompanying card to keep the pieces on off the board.  Here’s a picture: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/94849

• @Krieghund:

Yeah, I really like the task force markers, too.  They make it a lot easier to move big fleets around.  Of course, you can always get out Pacific and use them in Anniversary as well.

I am just confirming that there would be no problem using the A&A Pacific task force markers in the Anniversary game.  I have found them extremely useful.

• Right on, we too use Task Force markers to manage large fleets when playing Revised, and sometimes even the marshalling cards to manage large armies. You know, sea zone 5 and Eastern Europe can only stack soo many units.

My wish for AA50, was nation spesific Task Force markers for the navy, and a similar Army Group marker for the land units, and this Army Group marker should be in plastic like the Task Force marker from AAP, and not this paper marshalling token. But this game is made by american capitalist’s who love sucking money out of kids more than making high quality products. Befor we got this markers, the Italian navy need nation spesific naval units, and air units, and so on.

• I personally don’t like using marshalling cards/task force markers, preferring to keep all my units on the board (sometimes it gets too crowded, obviously).  The bigger board should allow enough space, and I guess that’s why they didn’t include any type of markers for large armies/navies, aside from being cheap.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m