• 2007 AAR League

Or, why I hate italian and Russian infantry.

What does command dependent mean in regards to loading and unloading on transports.

Assuming no adjacent friendly commander, can a command dependent soldier load onto a transport or unload from a transport in their movement phase?

the specific rule stats that they “can’t move” in their movement phase unless there is an adjacent friendly commander.

Is loading, unloading, and being transporting considered moving?

• Loading is not Moving in the strictest sense, though it does consume the Movement of the soldier to do so.  Soldiers that are command dependent CAN unload without their commander.

*** CORRECTED, THEY CANNOT LOAD WITHOUT A COMMANDER ***

• Okay, first of all it say so in the glossary definition of transport in the advanced rulebook.

2nd of all I read this link and it is inconclusive.

Further down the blog  Y2Uask, answers yes to that question.

It seems he was saying no unloading when it reffered to the assault phase.

Unless I’m illiterate, I think Y2Uask was answering the 2nd part of Boersma8’s question.

Boersma8 asksSo if I understand it correctly the Mosin CAN dismount when there’s no commander present ( normally his SA would prohibit such an action…). But what about mounting without a commander present? Is this allowed too? A simple yes or no will do…

Y2Uask replies No, because Command Dependent is a ‘can’t move’ condition rather than a ‘move 0’ condition.

It seems Y2Uask is answering the 2nd part of the question as the first part was not a question.

It seems DEG’s can unload on the movement phase without a commander present.

• @Der:

Okay, first of all it say so in the glossary definition of transport in the advanced rulebook.

2nd of all I read this link and it is inconclusive.

Further down the blog  Y2Uask, answers yes to that question.

It seems he was saying no unloading when it reffered to the assault phase.

Unless I’m illiterate, I think Y2Uask was answering the 2nd part of Boersma8’s question.

Boersma8 asksSo if I understand it correctly the Mosin CAN dismount when there’s no commander present ( normally his SA would prohibit such an action…). But what about mounting without a commander present? Is this allowed too? A simple yes or no will do…

Y2Uask replies No, because Command Dependent is a ‘can’t move’ condition rather than a ‘move 0’ condition.

It seems Y2Uask is answering the 2nd part of the question as the first part was not a question.

It seems DEG’s can unload on the movement phase without a commander present.

Agreed.  Which is what I wrote.  They can unload only w/out a commander.  I first wrote that they could load and unload, which was incorrect.

Again, its unload only.

• This rule is totaly backwards.  The Russian soldiers did NOT want to fight for thier country, thus the need for command dependent.  In many cases the soldiers were sent into the battlefld without rifle or ammo.  If they didn’t fight they’d get shot.

No you tell me, why the hell would they unload from the armored transport unless there was danger.  Why wouldn’t load onto the transport.

Rule is backwards.

• Exactly,  Russia’s is effed.  With the monster Armies of the allies, and all their choice builds, their only match is the Germans who are equally rounded.  Soviets, and especially Japan are severely limited.  Even the Deg who is a dead equal to the Bar is totally handicapped because of command dependant.  They should have made another unit like a “Degtyarev DP-31” or something for 1 more point that could move on it’s own without it’s mommy holding it’s hand.

PPSH-41 are bad mothers, but they tend to get mowed down before they get close enough to do their damage.  Although they work pretty nicely when transported and are cheap units.

• Do I hear Russia vs Germany?  125pnts?

• 2007 AAR League

@Der:

Exactly,  Russia’s is effed.  With the monster Armies of the allies, and all their choice builds, their only match is the Germans who are equally rounded.  Soviets, and especially Japan are severely limited.  Even the Deg who is a dead equal to the Bar is totally handicapped because of command dependant.  They should have made another unit like a “Degtyarev DP-31” or something for 1 more point that could move on it’s own without it’s mommy holding it’s hand.

PPSH-41 are bad mothers, but they tend to get mowed down before they get close enough to do their damage.  Although they work pretty nicely when transported and are cheap units.

i think we can both point out a few ridiculously good Russian units…
    KV-1…
    Soviet Hero?

lots of nice tank transports!

• Definitely the KV-1, but they lack good infantry and they have no fighting platform.

• '19 Moderator

Well that’s reality, cheap infantry that suck along with badass tanks

I was working on a Stalingrad Scenario, I’ll try to get a map made for my trophy scenario “Pavlovs House”

• Yup, wasn’t it something like 2 soldiers for ever rifle.  (Enemy at the Gate- great movie)  If one soldier died the other soldier was right there to pick up the rifle.  They sure didn’t lack in numbers.

Like Stalin said, “Quantity has a quality of it’s own.”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m