• 2007 AAR League

1. correct
    2. correct
    3. fighters have 4 total movement, meaning they can move up to 4 spaces between combat moves (CM) and non-combat moves (NCM) ie. CM=1 NCM=3 or CM=2 NCM=2 or CM=3 NCM=1.  You also don’t need to use all your movement (ie. CM=1 NCM=2 etc.)

Rob

• Thanks Rob!

Now I am going to try and sus out all the sea movements!

• Hi,
    I have a couple of questions on A&A revised.

1. Do BBs always take two hits to destroy or only when defending? The manual implies “always”, but according to the setup charts it is “defending” only.

2. Does bridging into an enemy territory count as an amphibious assault?

3. On amphibious assaults the manual says (p.19) “During the conduct combat phase, that player may call off the landing <…>” When can the landing be called off? Before the combat begins in this area? After the first attack turn. Suppose there is BB assisting, can it do the naval bombardment while the landing is called off?

4. For SBRs, does each bomber who rolled <4 decreases IPCs by the territory value? E.g., if 3 bombers successfully SBR UK is it minus 8 or minus 3*8=24 IPC? The manual (p.21) states that “<…> each bomber can inflict no more IPC loss than the territory’s income value”. Does it mean that one bomber can inflict less IPC loss than a territory value (other than 0, of course)? Same for the rockets development: “the maximum each rocket can inflict is the territory’s income value” (p.25).

Thanks in advance!

• 1. always
    2.yes

3. i know you can’t retreat once the units are off landed onto the territory. it doesn’t matter if a bb is bombarding or not. if you don;t attack any units with your tansport goods i think oyou can call it off( better let someone else say so)
    4. the uk ic can only lose 8 ipcs or less for that turn someone else can better explian because if i go into anymore detail i will be thinking of the LHTR rules.

• @Genosse:

Hi,
    I have a couple of questions on A&A revised.

1. Do BBs always take two hits to destroy or only when defending? The manual implies “always”, but according to the setup charts it is “defending” only.

Always.

2. Does bridging into an enemy territory count as an amphibious assault?

Yes it does. Best to get the whole bridging thing out of your head. They load and off load into combat making it a amphib assault. That the transport moves or stays in the same sea zone is not the relevant portion.

3. On amphibious assaults the manual says (p.19) “During the conduct combat phase, that player may call off the landing <…>” When can the landing be called off? Before the combat begins in this area? After the first attack turn. Suppose there is BB assisting, can it do the naval bombardment while the landing is called off?

Amphibious assaults can not be called off. Aircraft may be retreated (called off) at the end of any round but the ground troops motto is “Victory or Death.”

4. For SBRs, does each bomber who rolled <4 decreases IPCs by the territory value? E.g., if 3 bombers successfully SBR UK is it minus 8 or minus 3*8=24 IPC? The manual (p.21) states that “<…> each bomber can inflict no more IPC loss than the territory’s income value”. Does it mean that one bomber can inflict less IPC loss than a territory value (other than 0, of course)? Same for the rockets development: “the maximum each rocket can inflict is the territory’s income value” (p.25).

Thanks in advance!

I think one ruleset (OOB) is in UK’s case up to 8 for each plane. I think LHTR is only 8 no matter how many planes. Frankly I don’t SBR with more than one plane enough or get SBR’d with more than one plane enough to have worried about it. Also during an SBR the Bomber doesn’t need to roll “to hit.” If it lives thru AA it does its xD6 worth of damage. No need to roll a four or under first.

• cyan, frimmel - thanks a lot!
    1-3 are clear now.

As for #4, I am interested in the interpretation of the A&A Revised set rules. I am new to the game and so far just try to “play it by the rules”. :-) What I was wondering, if it is legal to send several, say, US bombers to Germany and ruin its economy, thus opening the room for other Allies (the thing that happened in every game I played so far).

• @Genosse:

cyan, frimmel - thanks a lot!
    1-3 are clear now.

As for #4, I am interested in the interpretation of the A&A Revised set rules. I am new to the game and so far just try to “play it by the rules”. :-) What I was wondering, if it is legal to send several, say, US bombers to Germany and ruin its economy, thus opening the room for other Allies (the thing that happened in every game I played so far).

per bomber  just checcked the rules. so germany can lose UPTO 10ipcs per bomber) makes no sense to me but thats the rules of OOB.

OOB is the regular rules whie lLHTR rules are published by the inventor of the game and corrects the few mistakes. it basically stragetic bombing, sub, and tech clariactions.

• An Amphib CAN be called off, but only by retreating from/losing a preceding naval battle.  However, even in that case, aircraft sent to attack the land territory are already “on target” and must engage in 1 round of combat before retreating.  Once combat declarations are made, combat WILL engage unless you are unable to engage (such as with the failled naval battle before the amphib assault)

As for SBR…

I do not use the Operation Manual that comes with the game, and the printed SBR rules are part of the reason.  The way it is written, SBR’s are WAY too powerful (even worse than Heavy Bombers from Classic).  LHTR (Larry Harris Tournament Rules) correct and clarify the SBR rules so that:
    1.  AA rolls against each and every BOM ONCE.
    2.  Each surviving BOM rolls 1d6 to determine IPC’s of damage (no to hit roll needed, just roll $1 to $6 damage per BOM)
    3.  Damage is capped to be a MAXIMUM for all bombers as the IPC value of the territory being bombed.

So…

England has 3 BOM.  They send all 3 to SBR Germany.
    AA is rolled 3 times. 
    One 1 is rolled, so 1 BOM shot down. 
    Remaining 2 bombers roll damage.
    UK player rolls a 6 and a 5 for $11 IPC of damage.
    But Germany is worth only $10 IPC as a territory, so the actual damage is the maximum that UK can inflict this turn, $10 IPC.

Now, USA can ALSO Bom Germany in their move, and do up to $10 MORE in SBR damage.  So in theory, Germany itself can be bomed for up to $30 IPC of damage each and every turn… $10 by USSR (if they ever buy bombers :-D )  $10 UK, and $10 USA.

However, if you have a LOT of Bombers, you can send some to one factory, and some to another (within range).  So the UK could SBR both Germany AND Southern, and thus have the potential to do up to $16 IPC of damage (10 for Germany, 6 for Southern)

Hope that helps.

• i misintrepeted the rules that way before i heard of LHRt.

• cyan, ncscswitch - thanks for clarification!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m