• Seeing all different point of views in several threads, I would like to start a discussion about politics. Answer these questions, and, well just go nuts.

What is your opinion, politcally, of the United States?
    What is your opinion, of the Middle East Conflict?
    What is your opinion, of the India/Pakistan Conflict?
    What is your opinion, of Me!
    What is your opinion, <insert your=“” arguement=“” here=“”>Question 1.
    Personally, I think the US is extremely bad with it’s foreign policy. The shear amount of ‘off the books’ stuff this country does is amazing. Did you know we take ‘off the books’ about 100 million dollars of Diamonds from East and Central Africa a year, without paying the home country?

Question 2.
    Personally, I think the Israeli Government is corrupt, violent, and personally, doesn’t belong there. Thats nothing for me to say about the Israeli people, but the Government needs a serious overhall (Ariel Sharon, anyone?)

Question 3.
    Complex conflict, reminds me of the Balkans before WWI, and scares me. MUCH more dangerous situation than the Middle East conflict, could trigger WWIII.

Question 4.
    I am God, worship me!

Question 5.
    –----

Fire away!</insert>

• Question 1:
    Being one of few ppl from outside the US in this forum, i guess i see the US politics from a more objective point of view.
    They way i see it, the US seem to have forgotten:

• where they come from
    • that there are intelligent ppl outside the US
    • that the world doesnt evolve around USA
    • values and morals
    • how to treat ppl that arent American, when they come abroad

USA has the worlds most dangerous terrorist at the helm of the country. GW Bush isnt exactly the smartest person alive. the way he talks, and thinks, its dangerous to the whole humankind. His views on nukes, on the climate and on humanbeings is twisted.
    His foreign policies are sh*te.
    I’ll stop now b4 i piss some1 off. :razz:

Question 2:

The israelis with the US backing them up are just as “bad” as the palestinians. The suicidal shmucks blowing themselves up over the conflict doesnt help the matter.
    The issue goes back since the dawn of time (sorta). Couple thousand years back… My surgestion, is that the US and the UN as a whole, should back the hell out of there, and let them fight it out till the last man is standing. Let them kill eachothers!

Question 3:
    That conflict started in 1947 when India and Pakistan was devided into two independent states. The Kashmir conflict has elscalated the last couple years after the peace treaty was broken…We were this --||— close from them tossing nukes at eachother, which would also trigger a larger conflict between fanatic muslims and the rest of the christian world. Sorta like bin Laden tried to do…

Like Question 2, this conflict also is due to different religions…
    I say: Grow the f**k up, and keep your regligion to yourself.
    If everyone would act as mature ppl, and live sorta by the each to his own policy, it might be liveable on this earth.

Question 4:
    Don’t really know you…

Question 5:
    Did my points and opinions come thru? My english isnt the best… Don’t blame me tho, blame the Norwegian school system

• Try the American schools. Hell, I’m still 14, a Freshman in high school. US propoganda is so evident in schools. Let me explain

Case 1 - I wrote an opinion essay for the school newspaper, expressing the Palestinian side of view. Not to brag, but is was one of the best I’ve ever written. It was published by a local company in a book of student essays.

Of course, the school didn’t agree with it. It was never aloud to be on the newspaper. I had to see the school psycologist for 2 months because of “Fanatical showing of ‘evil’”

I didn’t say anything violent. I even supported some of the Israeli side. Its just an example of US censorship.

We learn “Israel good, Palestine Bad”. We learn “America never did anything wrong since slavery ended” and “Our allies are perfect”

• '19 Moderator

I am an American, so my opinion is admittedly biased. I think any nation has room for improvement, that being said, America is the best country in the world. I see people post on boards how the US is butting in here the US is rude bla bla bla. Well I think we eat and have eaten more than our share of poopoo sandwich. Everyone has an opinion of what the US should be doing, I say, you can please some of the people all the time, and all the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all the time. If another country could do better they would. I’m an American and there is no other place I’d rather call home.

This might be surprising after that last statement but I think we should back out of the Middle East and watch from a distance. As long as no one is using Weapons of mass destruction i.e. nukes, cemical/biological weapons, I don’t care!

My opinion of the India Pakistan conflict is pretty much along the lines of question #2.

I think you’re a pretty smart kid. I also think I’m old enough to be your dad!

I’m a pure bred Redneck, if knowing that changes you opinion of me than it’s too bad for you!

• #1:Having lived in both the US and Canada (where I’m seeing more and more American infulence) I can compare. I must say I never want to live in the US again. It’s bad enough being an american citizen, but idly standing by while government officals who don’t know what they’re talking about half the time while saying they represent me isn’t terribly fun. That and I see to need to exploit the rest of the world in all the US’s actions since probably about the First World War; I geuss that’s what capitalism will do to you.

#2:I have decided to remain quite neutral in this arguement untill I can/want to do some more research on this topic.

#3: I think that India and Pakastan could be a great stablizing force for all of Asia if they ever worked out their problems resonably. I think they are coming to their senses after 60 years of pounding their heads in. They are going to have to learn how to work together someday, either that or wipe each other off the map.

#4: You’re a cool kid Yanny (kid! what am I talking about, only 2 years younger than myself). If people like you grow up to be in charge of the US then I feel much safer living next to it. I too can sympathise with propaganda in US schools, every heard of JROTC?

• #1: I basically agree with dezrtfish. Sure America has its share of problems, but to me there’s nothing better. For a nation of peace America is still the winner of every single one of its wars. It’s the first democratic experiment that actually worked (Greece and the Roman Republic being the other noteable attempts). Now that said, I see a main problem is that government officals today actually confuse capitalism too much with democracy. Of course of a Confederate CommieNationalists so there’s some bias in that. Besides, America is the great dynamo of the world right now. Europe had its time and maybe Asia will be next.
    #2: Same as to some of what Dezrtfish said. The cycle of war is endless so why not you just give up and let everybody kill each other? The only problem is that there are innocent civilians who just want to live a normal life and not be bothered with religious strife. I think America can do well by supporting a independent Palestine country. After all isn’t it just what the Palestinians want? Well the less radical Palestinians anyways. At the same time American should be pledged to defend against the aggressor should the event of war break out.
    #3: Don’t know so much about this so I’ll keep my mouth shut.
    #4: Anybody who can run one of the finest A&A websites on the net, goes down good in my book. Oh and I like your quote to. Have any more?

Sure we could use a flawless player without any errors, but are you willing to put down your hotdog and come down from the grandstand to do it?

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-03-22 19:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-03-22 19:43 ]

• “That Nun is hot”

• Dan Foster (I believe thats his name)

• What is your opinion, politcally, of the United States?

The US of A is looking out for one person…themselves. the truth is that every country is always looking out for numero uno. The US gets oil from the middle east cheaper than anyone, and they support israel. Of course, the people of the middle east know of ther US’s manipulation of their exports, but the US support of israel is not really a factor in truth… it is made a factor. the ignorant people of the middle east (there is ignorant people everywhere folks) are anti-semetic, an filled with hate. the root of the hate is America’s economy. the rallying call is “destruction to israel.” all war by its root is econmomic. war can’t happen unless there is some sort of economic factor driving it. The crusades were turly economic, and religion was used to cover that fact. the same is true in the middle east. The USA is the most powerful country on earth, and whenever someone makes money of someone else, there is hate. The US IMO isn’t a nation bent on world domination, and they are not imperialists.

What is your opinion, of the Middle East Conflict?

What part of the middle east? I’ll talk about shorter things first. IMO, America should back off trying to pressure Iran, because if America truly wants to end something more dangerous (Saddam’s regime) they can’t look like they are trying to carve up the middle east.

Saddam has to go. Every second he stays, the more that “America’s murderous economic sanctions” continue. The truth is that the economic sanctions aren’t america’s, they are the UN’s. Another thing people seem to forget is that Iraq lost a war. The countries in the coalition against Iraq thought people in Iraq would take Saddam out. Well, that didn’t happen. A country can’t get a slap on the wrist for starting a war (though that worked against France after Napoleon, but I couldn’t tell you if history would repeat itself here.) You see, economic sanctions truly aren’t that bad. Saddam starves his people, not the economic sanctions. Saddam buys weapons, saddam buys fiberoptics from the chinese for anti-aircraft systems, Saddam mass murders his people. You see, no one is dying from those sanctions anymore. Why? Because Iraq’s economy recovered. Economic reasons starved a lot of people too. Now, one can walk into baghdad and buy a PC and a color printer. The country isn’t devestated, despite what Muslim extremeist wantyou to think.

Now the big question… Israel. IMO, Israel is right. No question about it. Now America doesn’t defend what is good all around the world, but at least they are giving 3 billion dollars of “Aid” to israel each year. (Egypt and palestine have almost that much combined, so it isn’t just israel folks.)

The land is truly israel’s. you see, when the hebrews left egypt and found israel, they killed everyone who was there in their way. Therefore the oldest living race that the land of israel belongs to is the (drumroll) israelis. The jews in israel were promised a state after WWI, and didn’t get it. Then after WWII, the jews in europe wanted a land to call their own, and so Israel was finally made a state (on paper.) The land was at least, if not more the israeli’s than the Arabs (now called “palestinians”) that lived there. They were offered a good amount of land for their own state, about the same amount. They didn’t come to some conference or something (I cannot remember) and so the Israelis had sole bargaining rights and their state was made. Then invasion, after invasion failed. If Canada invaded America every decade or so, wouldn’t you want some buffer zone to separate you. You see, the victorious israelis wanted exactly that, and today, the now called “palestinians” want their state there.

I support a palestinian state. I don’t support a state that uses its powers to then grab for more land. Arafat was offered 95% of everything he wanted 2 years ago, and he declined, and the new wave of violence occurred. How is this israel’s fault? The palestinians want the whole thing.

Now the israelis have blood on their hands. Out of fear, they are excessively violent. They don’t want to give up an inch in fear that it would be used against them in a future invasion. But here is the truth. What if every day, Mexican terrorists crossed the border and started blowing up americans. Everyday. They built rockets, and they use cannons, aimlessly killing someone JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR NATIONALITY. Texas was technically Mexico’s. IMO texas is more mexico’s than israel is palestine’s. The israeli people want revenge against terrorists, and they want to defend against them. That’s why there is “excessive force.” The Israelis have tried not attacking back and it didn’t work. At this point, I say they should try it again, and even offer arafat help to create a joint israeli-palestinian anti terrorist group. The problem is that a lot of PA police are terrorists as well!

This problem can only be solved if israel is wiped off the map (this wouldn’t be the right thing to do, but america wouldn’t have to take the heat for israeli actions) or the UN can set borders, and they can act as guards preventing terrorist.

What is your opinion, of the India/Pakistan Conflict?

I do not know enough about it to tell the truth.

What is your opinion, of Me!

I think that you’re a okay guy, besides that fact that you kill kittens. Wait you don’t? Forget what I just said.

Let me just end this post saying that I apologize for the broken keyboard I’m using now!

12 out of 12 smokers die.

• Try the American schools. Hell, I’m still 14, a Freshman in high school. US propoganda is so evident in schools. Let me explain

Case 1 - I wrote an opinion essay for the school newspaper, expressing the Palestinian side of view. Not to brag, but is was one of the best I’ve ever written. It was published by a local company in a book of student essays.

Of course, the school didn’t agree with it. It was never aloud to be on the newspaper. I had to see the school psycologist for 2 months because of “Fanatical showing of ‘evil’”

I didn’t say anything violent. I even supported some of the Israeli side. Its just an example of US censorship.

We learn “Israel good, Palestine Bad”. We learn “America never did anything wrong since slavery ended” and “Our allies are perfect”

you’re only 14. wow! I’m older than you! ha ha!

It is great that you can analyze the world like that. yes, the media and education system is biased, but in my school teachers are starting to teach differently than “America is the best” kind of history. hell they teach flat out lies! (a teacher of mine claimed that hitler invaded russia, because hitler thought that the aryans came from there. this is so wrong for so many reasons i don’t feel like talking about it.)

You had your opinion published? that’s cool. I was lucky enough to have my opinion printed in time magazine once, and a letter of mine on fox news.

…but i’m pro israel.

• I think that you’re a okay guy, besides that fact that you kill kittens. Wait you don’t? Forget what I just said.

looks innocent
    I swear, it fell out the window!

• Q1 being from Canada i don’t think highly of Amaricans simply becase there arogent loadmouths and self proclamed rulers of the world.
    oh ya the other reson i don’t like amicans:
    I’m a Marxist.

Q2 Isrial has been there for what 53 years
    all ready theve been the agressors in several wars. they have no buisness there anymore if thats how there going to treat the UN’s generosity.

• I don’t know. Compared to other places America isn’t that bad. And that’s comming from a fellow Lenin Marxist (not one of those Hitler-Stalin type). In fact, America has the highest standard of living in the world.

• heh, communism. it simply doesn’t work! C’mon, “social democracies” have any degree of success today, because they benefit from capitalist american trade. Maybe man will evolve into an animal that can make good use of communism. the truth is, that either idealists or lazy people want communism. it simply doesn’t work. in the soviet union, at one point 10% of private farm production made up about 50% of russia’s agriculture.

IMO americans are arrogant. but so are canadians, brits, frenchman, israelis, arabs, everyone! almost every nationality thinks they’re right and everyone else is wrong. if you can’t realize that, then YOU are arrogant.

now did anyone read my excessively long message :sad:?

• i could argue this point for ever and a day
    but i’ll give you the readers digest virsion.
    the USSR falied becase it was not true communism and was horrible mismanaged by Stallin. true communism (Marxism) is a sociaty with out money therefore your point about capatlist funding is pointless.
    and the revalution is comming and it has allready started in Argentina (there starting to form Sovieats)

• Oh here comes the typical “capitalism is better” reponse. Among the problems that mirror those of the era immediately before the Great Depression is the horrible inequity in the distribution of wealth in the US and the world. Marx was right on target when he predicted the development of greater class gaps. Many US citizens are probably unaware of the loss in middle class citizens. They see a thriving economy and believe things are going well. However, the wealthiest tier of Americans, the top 10%, already control 71% of our nation’s wealth, and they continue to consolidate more and more. The incredibly lopsided distribution of current wealth is worse now than in many of the most revolutionary periods of history. Conservatives say the rich deserve the money they earn, which is strange since they earn no money at all. Almost all of their wealth comes from the labors of the lower classes, particularly those in other countries. As for the Soviet Union. True Marxist condemn the USSR. Simply put, Stalin was worst than Hitler. He killed some 20-50 million civilians. As for the private farm agruement, that was because the wealthy farm owners controlled most of the farm equipment and machines at the time. Imagine where America’s breadbasket would be if you took away all the farm machines.

• well put Comrade

• i’m pretty sure that the russians in the 1930s didn’t have a bunch of farm equipment, especially because private equipment was seized and they had state tractors.

the point is that people work harder when they earn something. how many hours do you work a day? or you just a student… then what would you know about middle class struggle? Man is too flawed a creature to practice perfect communism. sure, many communes work for the first generation of people who created it, but then they fall apart. If someone works hard, more than their standard 7 or 8 hours a day, and 5 days a week, they will make a lot of money. Too many people are too lazy to work 14 hours a day. Sure enough, a lot of people do. Six turkish immigrants that worked for my father did just that, slept on oil cases, showered with a hose, and are now millionaires. yes, they now “oppress” the lazy american middle class. the same middle class that decides to live excessively, drive big gas guzzling cars, smoke cigarettes, drink their money away… that middle class. A lot of people make themselves poor.

Commmunism is a great theory, but long term human greed takes away any good that can come out of it. I can show you many succesful capitalist societies. show me a succesful communist one that directly follows lenin marxist ideals.

• Actually, the USA is third in the world in standard of living. Canada is first, Norway is second. This is based on the high poverty rate.

edit, check out this link:
    http://travel.dk.com/wdr/CA/mCA_Rank.htm for Cananda and Norway:
    http://travel.dk.com/wdr/NO/mNO_Rank.htm

compare it to the US:
    http://travel.dk.com/wdr/US/mUS_Rank.htm

Also, we still hear “Communist Governments never work” in school.

“History is just a set of lies agreed upon”

• Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference”

• Robert Frost

[ This Message was edited by: Yanny on 2002-03-25 13:08 ]

• Well, I ain’t your school :Þ

Seriously, show me one that works… I’m just saying…

Anyway, America does not have the highest standard of living for everyone, though I believe their is the greatest economic oppurtunity in America.

America should save some money and withdraw troops from countries we had troops in during the cold war. I do not care if north korea takes out south korea!

The GNP is kind of iffy. have ssen different numbers for sweden and america. (anywhere from 30 grand to 60 grand.) in other countries, how much of their income goes to paying taxes? and “average” could be interpretted in 4 different ways (you know mean and median are the ones used a lot, at times range and mode.) I could not tell you if america truly has the highest standard of life, but I could not tell you the contrary. When I retire, I will probably go to either Alaska or Canada. Both places pay you to live! Just one thing though, don’t a lot of people from Canada go to America for health care if they have the money to spend?

Rebuild the WTC larger:
    http://www.rjdbiz.com/rebuildwtc/index.html
    “The only enemy more powerful than an invisible enemy is an invincible enemy”

[ This Message was edited by: HortenFlyingWing on 2002-03-25 13:27 ]

• '19 Moderator

Statistics can be misleading. I for one think both Canada and Norway are entirely to COLD. Nope it’s good old Arizona for me! I don’t know how you can stand temps below 60 degrees F. And in the summer if you like the dry sauna just go outside!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m