Getting back into A&A (Spring 42 2nd ed)

I’m getting back into A&A after a bit of a break and I’m picking this version to focus on.  I think G40 is just a bit too expansive for me and has a little too much going on.  I just couldn’t get into that version.

But this version seems to be right in my wheel house.  It looks close enough to Revised where I shouldn’t be starting from square one, but different enough to add some new challenges.  Certainly by reading some of the threads it seems like the Axis have a bit of an OOB adv in this one.  I’ll definitely have to adjust to the new Atlantic Sea zones and India factory.  But I’m looking forward to that and looks like there might be some fun stuff to do in the Pacific too.

While this isn’t necessarily the “find game thread”.  I’d love to dive right in.  Anyone up for a Play by Forum Triple A game?

I’d like to play the Allies (straight up is fine).  I also may be a bit of a slow player, so this would be casual pace.  I’ll probably only be doing turns on weekends, but might be able to squeeze some in during the week, but I just don’t want to guarantee that.   :-)

Edit:

As a player getting back into the game, what are some differences (besides the map) from Revised and 2nd Ed?

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Welcome~~ I’m tied with 2 friends playing at the moment but would love to have some games later when I’m freed up. :lol:

Looking forward to play in a near future.

Sounds good.  Just PM me or reply here when you’re ready.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Hey I’m good for some games…  Let’s start : -)

Would you like bidding or adding a Russia bomber to start?  I’m open to suggestions.

Cheers,

Excellent.  :-)

I’m fine with straight up no bid to start, just to get a feel for this edition. 
    I don’t want to introduce something that skews the start like a Power Europe, PAfr, or PAsia bid at this point.  I’ve read some games with the Russian bomber and it seems an interesting compromise, but I’ll leave that up to you.  I’d like to be the Allies, but I wouldn’t want you to be bored playing the Axis.  If the bomber helps then that is fine by me.  I’ll defer to your experience there.

Hopefully I can get started tonight.  I’m using TripleA 1.8.0.5 which should be the latest I think.  If you want to PM an email to use I can set up and go with R1 either tonight or tomorrow.  I’ll put the game thread in the play games area.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m