Elgin IL: looking for a live local A&A game

• I live in Elgin area (Carpentersville). I’ve played most versions of A&A. I started playing Classic back in the 80’s. I’m looking for a good local game. If you are looking for a short game, I have 1941 second edition which can be played in 2-4 hours. I’d play 1941 any day of the week. This game favors axis so we give allies bid of (destroyer E USA, 2 inf In Moscow. 1 inf in N. China.) I like Longer games like 1942, anniversary, global, revised too. I’d need to play those on weekend. Let me know if you are looking for a live local A&A game.

• '14 '13

I have four on my list from IL, just not sure where they are in relation to you. Check them out if you’d like.

-jluna1273

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31815.0

• This moniker (Colonel Potter) sounds awfully familiar as a chicago area player.

We may have met/played before.  axis_roll from Homer Glen.  I think that was back in my AARe (Revised Enhanced) days.

Anniversary is all we play these days.  Actually a modified version to make the game more even/playable.

• Hello axis_roll,
    Yes, we used to play classic on-line back at the turn of the century in the old Microsoft Game Zone days. I even played a few games with you on your custom table at your home in Homer Glen. I got away from A&A for the last 10 years and I come back to find a lot of axis and allies products were released. Many of these products have the same name as other A&A games. I’ve played global40 which is great but way too long. 1941 second edition way too simplistic but OK if you only have 2-3 hrs to play.  1942 second edition seems better than revised but I’ve never played. Anniversary Edition seems to be the best A&A game ever made. I’d definetly like to play with your A&A group sometime if you have room for another player sometime.  I’d be interested to see what your house rules are. I’ve been working on designing an A&A game with a friend of mine that has the best parts of Anniversary, 41, 42, & global. I just installed tripleA and I’m trying to get a feel for Pact of Steel.

• Thanks for the link Jaime and nice job on your custom A&A table!

• @ColonelPotter:

Hello axis_roll,
    Yes, we used to play classic on-line back at the turn of the century in the old Microsoft Game Zone days. I even played a few games with you on your custom table at your home in Homer Glen.

My memory still serves me (from time to time  :wink:)

@ColonelPotter:

I’d definetly like to play with your A&A group sometime if you have room for another player sometime.  I’d be interested to see what your house rules are. I’ve been working on designing an A&A game with a friend of mine that has the best parts of Anniversary, 41, 42, & global. I just installed tripleA and I’m trying to get a feel for Pact of Steel.

reply/PM me an email that I can shoot the rules to if you are interested.  I particularly like the Tech Rules based on a Points System.  Very flexible, easy to tweak, and beats the hell out of the crappy tech rules in AA50.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Sounds good. I sent you a PM with my email. I’m not sure if it went through or not as I have never sent a PM before. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Let me know if you didn’t get it & I will resend. Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m