GW39 D6 Variant with No Special Units?

• I ordered the Global War 1939 map because of how awesomesauce it looked; starting right at the beginning of the war, includes all major and minor powers that fought in it, and includes more territories and a larger map. Setup looks good too, even if it seems like there are some issues (Notably the major ipc in Novobrisk and none in Stalingrad area.)

However, I’m not quite a fan of the d12 system used, adjusted costs, and special units. I understand why it is done, as some prefer that system. I respect that. However, I prefer sticking close to the Axis and Allies roots as close as possible. Namely, this being an extension of G40’s rules.

So, I was wondering; is there any plans for using the G40’s rules on this map? No special units, d6 system, and limited special rules. (Namely like with France’s special placement; I don’t want any country specific rules, if you get what I mean.)

Thanks. :)

• I bought the map because it is the coolest thing ever!! but i already own like 5 different versions A&A and i didn’t want to spent $150 to get more pieces.  My friend and I could not play the 1940 version one because of the errors so while we waited for the second editions of A&A 1940 to come out we had to make our own set up for playing A&A on the Global War 1939 map… i dont know if the set up will fit in a post… we made it kind of basic and easy to understand because some of our friends thought all the added rules made the game a little too complex and hard to keep track of…

• Oh, I found Jeremy’s D6 variant shortly after I posted this. I should have looked harder before posting this new thread. :lol:

His version is AWESOME, btw. The new G39 map does not have any printed bases on it however, and the older D6 set up does not include them, so you have to guess placement until he updates the set up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m