• Well all the games posted on the forums have ended in 6-7 turns. I think I will add tanks in round 3 for my first game.

Got my game this morning and got it all set up for a play tonight with 3 other friends.

• Good luck and we expect a full report!

• Customizer

Not to be a Debbie Downer here…but they didn’t ‘get much action’ in the actual war…they really weren’t effectively used until a year before the war ended, and France didn’t get them until 1918. For a 7-10 turn game, they actually come a little early for my taste. Just my two cents.

• Customizer

Britain first used tanks in 1916, a year before America entered the war.

In this game tanks can be built on the same turn, but not used effectively until after American entry.

So my proposal is the UK only can build on turn 4, everyone else a round later.

• Did you mean the UK can build on Round “3” and everyone else on round 4?

• I not know if I’ll do a full report, but I will talk about my game after we finish with tanks on r3.

• Customizer

Yes. Yes I did.

@Siris101:

Did you mean the UK can build on Round “3” and everyone else on round 4?

• Well we played through round 5, and have built a total of 20 tanks. They have seen combat for USA, UK, Austria, and Germany.

So far The axis are ahead in Vicyory cities (took Moscow) but are slowly losing the western front.

I landed 4 troops into Albania on round 4 and it seems to be a good move, I then landed 4 more into Ottoman controlled Greece. ( had 2 tanks against Greece and got through the battle with 0 casualties). Will use the US troops and UK troops to double flank Constan and get a victory city.

Meanwhile France and uk are both over 32 ipcs and are pounding away against the Germany defense.

Austria is all but gone, lost most of its troops trying to kill Russia, and Italy had been a bug problem for them as well.

I feel it is an allied wok thus far, but I will cont to finish it out.

• @Flashman:

Britain first used tanks in 1916, a year before America entered the war.

In this game tanks can be built on the same turn, but not used effectively until after American entry.

So my proposal is the UK only can build on turn 3, everyone else a round later.

A rationale point. You smart  :wink:

But Larry had his best fans to playtest this game big time. Larry smart man too. He must have a game balance reason to do it his way. Sir, did you have like 12 buddies to playtest your suggestions some hundreds games ?

• Customizer

No, but I didn’t make a pig’s arse of the Russian Revolution rules.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m