• @Mallery29:

If you go so quick with the Allies, you will fail…quick victories are for the Axis, long games favor the Allies…

i certainly agree with that but KGF lets nips go beastmode!

• @Slackaveli:

@Mallery29:

If you go so quick with the Allies, you will fail…quick victories are for the Axis, long games favor the Allies…

i certainly agree with that but KGF lets nips go beastmode!

Completely disagree…with a combined effort by the UK to wipeout the E. Indies fleet and a controlled buildup at India, you can create a stalemate with Japan at India.  Japan will be forced to build to match/attempt to outproduce Indian builds, but to do so allows the US Pac Fleet to hit Solomons as a stepping stone to Phillipines/protect Austrailia (not a real target for Japan, but hey, have to give the Aussies some comfort).  The goal for UK2 (assuming you have just the CV and 2 FTRs left) should be to use the FTRs/transports to cause additional reinforcements from Africa and Austrailia to India and hold the line.  Japan will either have to defend to prevent crazy Brits from gutting them or risk a battle that they may not win, which will result in the gutting of Asia.  The Japanese should not go past China/Russian backdoor…the hope here is for India to attack Japan…whomever is the aggressor will most likely lose the battle.

• @Mallery29:

And leave Russia to itself with no UK or US assistance?� Â

New Guinea?�  I’m worried about losing New Guinea AND Iwo?

And that sea battle?

Japan: 2DD, 2BB, 2CV, 4FTR, 1 Bomber, CA, SS vs UK: 2BB, CV, 2FTR, 2DD, 1 CA?

http://www.dskelly.com/misc/aa/aasim.html�  �  looks like 99.1%…yep…I’m the one needing the luck!

@Mallery29:

And leave Russia to itself with no UK or US assistance? Â

New Guinea?  I’m worried about losing New Guinea AND Iwo?

And that sea battle?

Japan: 2DD, 2BB, 2CV, 4FTR, 1 Bomber, CA, SS vs UK: 2BB, CV, 2FTR, 2DD, 1 CA?

http://www.dskelly.com/misc/aa/aasim.html    looks like 99.1%…yep…I’m the one needing the luck!

Yes, you are the one needing luck, as I said, I am STILL waiting for comments regarding Ukraine, or do you admit I was right? If not, do tell us all how it’s not right, lol.

Oh, NOW you want to take on my Indian Fleet, NO problem there, however, explain to us all how do you TAKE INDIA by taking out my fleet, while I still have at least 5 INF and 4 FRT + AA-gun on India? Where are your 4 little INF with 2 art and 1 tank which are supposed to take out my 5 INF and 4 FTR? Can’t see them anywhere, lol.

Doesn’t matter if you odds at “winning” are high, Japan will still suffer HEAVY losses, and that is the point, and India still lives, you DID NOT take India, that did NOT happen.

I still haven’t experienced you countering anything yet. US Fleet on Iwo Jima is there ready to strike on US2. Whatever survived of your fleet on India, can’t get to Japan in one move. Which means, U.S. can dump forces again in East Asia, or support Russia furthermore, or attack whatever you buy outside Japan on J2. Because rest of what is left of your fleet is on India.  When you move that away from India, I can once again, just start bying Naval power, why ? Because you are too weak ON LAND to take India, you just can’t take it. To much to think of, U.S. guys taking East-Asia, Russia having 7 INF in the north, and India bying units all the time. Not to mention that US will build units on their 1st and 2nd turn, making it impossible for Japan to handle it.

Since Japan is to weak on land to take India, I would reconsider what I would buy on UK.

UK1 = Save 31 IPC
    UK2 = I have at least 62 IPC to buy for, I could buy 3 Battleships and place them on India.

Guess where my fleet will merge on UK1 ? On SZ30 with my fleet from Australia. I’ll have 1 Carrier + 2 FTR + 2 Cruisers + 1 Sub. You can attack with 3 FTR + 1 Carrier which sucks + BB.

TRY TO RUN THAT ON YOUR CALK, LOOOOOL, guess odds are a LITTLE bit different? :)

Now India and the UK have a lot of possibilities, you never now if I will build 3 BB on UK2. But I will have a merged UK Fleet near by, which will be constant threat to Japan. You just CAN NOT sink it on SZ30 with 3 FTR + Carrier and BB. This is FUN :) I don’t even need to mention India, I will have another 2 FTR there from Arkangelsk, 1 US FTR from Tibet, 1 UK FTR from Egypt, that’s 4 FTR on land on India. I can build a lot of FTR or Battleships, whatever I like, just looking at what you bougt on J1. When we play, you never know what I will decide to do, building a fleet on UK or India, because I saved IPC from 1st round and you do NOT know HOW I will position myself on UK2.

Oh, I forgot also that I can take with me 2 INF from Australia and dump them in India on UK2, making India have 6 or 7 INF with 4 FTR.

Yes, Russia will be more alone against Germany, but if some who do argue to send German tanks into Caucasus so I can slaughter them so easy on R2 turn, then Russia will be all fine, when 9 Artilleries + 4 Armor + 1 FTR and a lot of INF says hello to Germans on either Caucasus or Ukraine on R2 turn. And the fun part is, in a real game, you will never know if I will build anything on UK or not, so most German players will put their fighters on Western Europe, making it easy for Russia to strike hard. If you move them to Ukraine, then it’s easier to build UK fleet on London instead of India. Pretty simple actually.

See, you just CAN’T take India that easy!

• dump 2 inf into Asia?  Really? That’s your forces you plan to get into Asia?  You only have 1 transport to work with at the start…it will take more than that to make a difference…my fleet can get back into position to hit your fleet after you hit Asia/Japan with your 2inf.  Fail again.
    This is my previous quote: “Japan will either have to defend to prevent crazy Brits from gutting them or risk a battle that they may not win, which will result in the gutting of Asia.  The Japanese should not go past China/Russian backdoor…the hope here is for India to attack Japan…whomever is the aggressor will most likely lose the battle.”
    If you land your planes there, fine, you make it so much easier to take Russia with no reinforcements from UK. You have to make a choice…at some point with the Russian lines collapsing because all your UK money is going to India.  Eventually you either have to pull out your planes to defend Russia/Caucus or let it fall.  My losses from attacking the UK fleet as stated will be 2DD, Sub, CA most likely…possibly 1 CV…but that’s all replacable with J1/J2 buys.  You want to hold India, fine, I can build up just as easily there as you can in India…I’ll play the stalemate while Russia falls to Germany.
    Ukraine IMHO HAS to be done from my Allied strat…does it have to be done for everyone else…nope…you can all in at W. Russia and go from there…but all in at Russia can have a fall back if the German player does it right…there is a way to beat the all in without attacking, but dice rolls can make it back fire…I’m not going to fight on the Ukraine topic because Allied strat can easily vary…I say attack Ukraine, but I have to have the US/UK KGF for it to work…

• Correct me if wrong.
    J2: 1 Bomber, 6FTRs (forget the one in Japan), 2BB, 2DD, 1CA, 1SS, 2CV vs 3BB, 2CA, 1SS, 2FTR, CV….

Odds still say 98.8% for Japan…but let me know if I’m wrong cause it is quite confusing…  are you saying after UK1 you would move fleet south and buy 3BBs on UK2?  So then on UK2 you move back up?  It’s still 98.7 for Japan, but ok…I guess I’m in trouble.

• @Mallery29:

dump 2 inf into Asia?� � Really? That’s your forces you plan to get into Asia?� � You only have 1 transport to work with at the start…it will take more than that to make a difference…my fleet can get back into position to hit your fleet after you hit Asia/Japan with .
    Ukraine IMHO HAS to be done from my Allied strat…does it have to be done for everyone else…nope…you can all in at W. Russia and go from there…but all in at Russia can have a fall back if the German player does it right…there is a way to beat the all in without attacking, but dice rolls can make it back fire…I’m not going to fight on the Ukraine topic because Allied strat can easily vary…I say attack Ukraine, but I have to have the US/UK KGF for it to work…

I am not going “all in” in West Russia only, I will also take Belorussia, instead of Ukraine. That’s the point. � I build 6 Artilleries on R1 or 6 INF + 1 Tank, there are a lot of good options. Seems like this is the “fear” some here promote, that " Caucasus will “fall” to Germany, which is NOT the case at all, at the contrary, Germany will lose 30-33% of it’s armor very easy. � Even if Germany does not choose to take Caucasus, they are still to weak on Ukraine to stack anything there on G1, or else R2 will destroy whatever is there which is from my count 7 German INF, 6 Armor.

Russia will not collapse, because I will always pick my fights very carefully with Russia, that’s very important, I will NEVER let Russia lose artilleries or tanks if Germany doesn’t lose a LOT more. � You would buy like 5 German INF, 2 art, 1 tank and 1 Bomber on Germany? I don’t consider that as a threat at all. On R2 Russia can just buy 8 INF and another 1 Artillery. That’s a potent counter-offensive force, Germany will have some serious problems if they want to get to Moscow or Caucasus.

Yes, your count is right, however the point is, once again, you don’t know what I am saving money for regarding UK2. In order to win naval battle against me, you practically have to move everything Japan has, without not knowing if I will build anything on India or on the UK.

Regarding India it self, you can’t take it that easy as already pointed out. UK having a fleet in SZ30 will make you wonder HOW MANY ships or FTR you will have to move to FIC on expence of territories which USA can strike.

So we have two options. UK can attack Japanese fleet on E.Indies or the UK Fleet can be merged, and save the money for UK2 where some serious Naval buys can be put on either India or the UK. Point it, in order to have the upper hand in the naval battle, you need to move basically everything down to FIC. Making USA having more options from Iwo Jiwa and onwards.

Even if I don’t build anything on India and decide to build everything on the UK with 62 IPC, UK still have a merged fleet in the Indian Ocean and as pointed out, taking India itself is not that easy.

Regarding Ukraine, it should be pretty clear by now, that Germans die like dogs if they try to stack anything on Ukraine or take Caucasus from me. So the point is to split German forces who think in their head that they can take on Russia already on G1.

• If you save your money and buy it on something else, I will hit you with 6FTRs and the bomber on J2 with my forces in Burma even with the 4FTRs you will fail…its 84% Japan…nice try again…we can do this all day out there…unless you attack the Indies fleet, you will lose India.
    Who says as Germany I’m going for Caucus anyways G1/G2…that’s stupid…stop spoon feeding me bad German moves…

• @Mallery29:

If you save your money and buy it on something else, I will hit you with 6FTRs and the bomber on J2 with my forces in Burma even with the 4FTRs you will fail…its 84% Japan…nice try again…we can do this all day out there…unless you attack the Indies fleet, you will lose India.
    Who says as Germany I’m going for Caucus anyways G1/G2…that’s stupid…stop spoon feeding me bad German moves…

Come on, I never spoon fed you with bad German moves. There were couple of people here fearing Russia will “lose” Caucasus if Ukraine is not attacked, now we agree, that’s NOT the case, right?

What Germany can do is to stack 7 INF, 6 Armor on Ukraine, and that’s not enough to sit there and wait for R2. Therefore, Germany would have to rethreat to gather more forces before they can make better second push for Ukraine, so Germany basically leaving Ukraine with 1 or 2 INF would be the best option for Germany. With this strategy Germany is scared away from Ukraine without even attacking Ukraine on R1.

Anyway, do we agree on Ukraine stuff?`

There is 60% chance for UK to win if they attack Japan on E.Indies. While tempting, others who tried on this thread, failed to sink E.Indies navy, so that’s why we have to explore other options. Open-minded is the key here.

Yes, you could hit India with all the FTR + 1 Bomber, however let’s not forget AAA, they will take out half of your FTR before the fight even starts. Another point is, if you decide to attack India, I can fly 2 more FTR to India, from my Carrier in the Indian Ocean, remember? And rethreat the rest of the UK fleet while building Naval Power on London on UK2.

Therefore if you want to take India, there will be 6-7 INF, AAA, 6 FTR waiting there.

• vary rarely does an AA take out half an air Force…

If Russia doesn’t take Ukraine, you easily forget the FTRs that can be there for Germany…that’s what you have to worry about…troops by themselves, yeah, Russia has the advantage, but Germany has enough FTRs that Ukraine can be stacked (only need the Bomber/SS to attack the BB and use the German BB to hit the CA (letting the DD live)…now you have 6FTRs there…

• Germany: 7inf/6tanks/6FTRs vs Russia: 8inf, 2art, 6tanks, 2FTR?  Plug the numbers how you want, but it’s 94% in German favor of that battle…numbers may change, but it shouldn’t change the percentage that much.

• @Mallery29:

One million-kajillion posts

Your debate would carry more weight if you acknowledge the existance of the edit/modify button.  Presentation matters.
    I see a a large amount of cherry picking, strawmanning and assumptions.  If you two are so sure of your strategies, play a game against eachother and prove them.

• sorry if I’m streaming…I’ve said that before…but I have to make my points quick, because most of mine are being done at breaks during school…Cherry Picking? What is this, hockey?

• @Striker:

@Mallery29:

One million-kajillion posts

Your debate would carry more weight if you acknowledge the existance of the edit/modify button. � Presentation matters.
    I see a a large amount of cherry picking, strawmanning and assumptions.�  If you two are so sure of your strategies, play a game against eachother and prove them.

Added nothing to the discussion. Good job Striker.  I know 42 better than Global…that’s why I don’t post strats in Global, I just ask questions…same with 41…only played it twice, said what I saw, and that’s it…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m