VERY urgent rule clarification needed!!!

• on G3 i attempt to invade UK by Sz110, apart from transports i have 1 sub and 1 carrier, due to the fact UK can scramble 3 ftr into that SZ I ofcourse want to send some aircraft in order to protect my fleet,.

now we are not sure in which order things occur, shall I as Germany select which planes goes to sz110 or Uk, then he choose if he wants to scramble or not, then how many he wants to scramble? OR does he select to scramble or not, then Ger selects which planes goes where and then he selects how many aircrafts goes scrambling??

Many thx in advance

• Hi Zcion,

I posted the exact same question a little while ago, and received the following responsde from krieghund:
    “The attacker assigns his/her units before the defender decides whether or not to scramble.”

HOWEVER, me and my friends have decided to ignore that rule, and have the defender say if he scrambles first. Indeed, we felt that if the attacker decides first, the defender is simply never going to scramble (as it is assumed the attacker will systematically leave enough ships/planes fighting in the sea battle to shatter the air resistance), forcing the attacker to “waste” planes on an already won sea battle.

The rationale that we used, although that might seem a bit of a stretch, is that any planes fighting in the sea battle would realise that they are not faced with any air defence, and would therefore proceeds to fight in the ground fight.

Please be reminded that this is OUR HOUSE RULE, and not the official rule; although I frankly believe that it makes considerably more sense.

I hope that helps.

YAAARRR!!

• the order is like the poster above me mentioned, but use the a2 rules. basically you want britian to scramble planes to attack your force. you have sub fodder and more planes dying in a naval fight are less planes in Britain. This has been stated in the bigger threads about sea lion and axis builds.

on a side note, even scrambling planes wont destroy your fleet. carrier to take a hit with 2-3 subs and a cruiser for bombardment, and the 2 scrambled carrier planes.

• @Olodumare:

the order is like the poster above me mentioned, but use the a2 rules. basically you want britian to scramble planes to attack your force. you have sub fodder and more planes dying in a naval fight are less planes in Britain. This has been stated in the bigger threads about sea lion and axis builds.

on a side note, even scrambling planes wont destroy your fleet. carrier to take a hit with 2-3 subs and a cruiser for bombardment, and the 2 scrambled carrier planes.

But remember, subs can’t hit planes and planes can’t hit subs without a destroyer present.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m