• Hi,
    I have the two 1940 games. 
    As global demand a lot of time to play, we usually play only Europe or Pacific. 
    I know that Mr. Harris put great effort in adjusting the global game, but i think that the people that play only on one theater are lacking support. 
    Can we see somewhere the clear rules for playing europe?
    What are exactly the income of the russian?  US with NO? etc.
    Please help.

• @Boyardee:

Hi,
    I have the two 1940 games.� �
    As global demand a lot of time to play, we usually play only Europe or Pacific.� �
    I know that Mr. Harris put great effort in adjusting the global game, but i think that the people that play only on one theater are lacking support.� �
    What are exactly the income of the russian?� � US with NO? etc.
    Please help.

Alpha rules are being finalized for Global, and hopefully will address theatre specific rules as well (this was the original intent of the changes starting way back with Pac1940, hopefully this hasn’t been forgotten).

In the mean time, the best that can be done is sort of an amalgumation of alpha 3 and some adjustment (the following is the best of my knowledge and memory based on comments from LH & Krieg when addressing this question - this is NOT official by any means, but I tried to post what I believe is the current intent).

In Europe 1940:
    Use alpha+3 setup and rule revisions.
    Omit Anzac units from Egypt completely - do not replace with any other unit.
    Use alpha 3 national objectives

• omit US NOs 2 & 4, and ignore Pacific board territories when calculating NO 1 and NO 3.
    • Russia will collect an additional 9 IPCs each and every turn (this represents territories from the Pac board and replaces the free siberian units from OOB)

In Pac1940:
    Use alpha +3 objectives (however, it is quite possible that US should use OOB NOs - especially replacing 1, 2, 3 & 5 with the wartime bump objective of west US to 50 - or, if using � 1, 2, 3 & 5, perhaps increase the bonus of 1 by ~ 15 to 20 to represent some income lost from the Europe side). � All US objectives apply only at war (even OOB, if not using Alpha 3 objectives) �

US objectives are speculation on my part, because I’ve never seen this addressed post Alpha 1. However, because they’ve changed the most due to the Global balance but haven’t been back tested to theater only, especially in the Pacific where they were decentralized in Alpha 3, I can only assume that balance is currently lost in Pac1940 due to US objective revisions. � unit setup and rules should be more or less right as they haven’t changed extensively since the final Alpha for Pacific prior to the Alpha+ global mods.

• @kcdzim:

@Boyardee:

Hi,
    I have the two 1940 games.� �
    As global demand a lot of time to play, we usually play only Europe or Pacific.� �
    I know that Mr. Harris put great effort in adjusting the global game, but i think that the people that play only on one theater are lacking support.� �
    What are exactly the income of the russian?� � US with NO? etc.
    Please help.

Alpha rules are being finalized for Global, and hopefully will address theatre specific rules as well (this was the original intent of the changes starting way back with Pac1940, hopefully this hasn’t been forgotten).

In the mean time, the best that can be done is sort of an amalgumation of alpha 3 and some adjustment (the following is the best of my knowledge and memory based on comments from LH & Krieg when addressing this question - this is NOT official by any means, but I tried to post what I believe is the current intent).

In Europe 1940:
    Omit Anzac units from Egypt completely - do not replace with any other unit.
    Use alpha 3 national objectives

• omit US NOs 2 & 4, and ignore Pacific board territories when calculating NO 1 and NO 3.
    • Russia will collect an additional 9 IPCs each and every turn (this represents territories from the Pac board and replaces the free siberian units from OOB)

In Pac1940:
    Use alpha +3 objectives (however, it is quite possible that US should use OOB NOs - especially replacing 1, 2, 3 & 5 with the wartime bump objective of west US to 50 - or, if using � 1, 2, 3 & 5, perhaps increase the bonus of 1 by ~ 15 to 20 to represent some income lost from the Europe side). � All US objectives apply only at war (even OOB, if not using Alpha 3 objectives) �

US objectives are speculation on my part, because I’ve never seen this addressed post Alpha 1. However, because they’ve changed the most due to the Global balance but haven’t been back tested to theater only, especially in the Pacific where they were decentralized in Alpha 3, I can only assume that balance is currently lost in Pac1940 due to US objective revisions. � unit setup and rules should be more or less right as they haven’t changed extensively since the final Alpha for Pacific prior to the Alpha+ global mods.

the 2 anzac inf on egypt are supposed to be changed to 1 british inf i thought
    i’ve read it somewhere.

• Thx a lot for the answer,
    So, the SU would have 28 IPC, and no free infantry.
    But what are the income of the US???

• @Frontovik:

the 2 anzac inf on egypt are supposed to be changed to 1 british inf i thought
    i’ve read it somewhere.

I don’t recall that (but I could be wrong). I remember only the old ANZAC fighter in the UK being switched for French.  The Egyptian ANZAC infantry were simply omitted (similar to the original OOB Global Setup)

@Boyardee:

But what are the income of the US???

I covered that with as near a correct answer as you’re likely to see until Alpha3 is finalized but again:

In Europe starting territory @ 35 when at war:

10 IPCs if the United States controls all of the following territories: Eastern United States, Central United States, and Western United States. Theme: Basic national sovereignty.
    5 IPCs if the United States controls all of the following territories: Alaska, Aleutian Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Johnston Island, and Line Islands. Theme: National sovereignty issues
    5 IPCs if the United States controls all of the following territories: Mexico, South Eastern Mexico, Central America, and West Indies. Theme: Defense treaty and trade obligations.
    5 IPCs if the United States controls Philippines. Theme: Center of American influence in Asia.
    5 IPCs for each turn that the US has at least one land unit in the territory “France”. Theme: Great Alliance collaboration

For an objective total of 20, down from 35 in OOB.  It’s possible that NO1 will be increased for Europe alone (combining 1 & 2, etc).

In Pacific:
    Starting territory @ 17 and when at war:

10 IPCs if the United States controls all of the following territories: Eastern United States, Central United States, and Western United States. Theme: Basic national sovereignty.
    5 IPCs if the United States controls all of the following territories: Alaska, Aleutian Islands, Hawaiian Islands, Johnston Island, and Line Islands. Theme: National sovereignty issues
    5 IPCs if the United States controls all of the following territories: Mexico, South Eastern Mexico, Central America, and West Indies. Theme: Defense treaty and trade obligations.
    5 IPCs if the United States controls Philippines. Theme: Center of American influence in Asia.
    5 IPCs for each turn that the US has at least one land unit in the territory “France”. Theme: Great Alliance collaboration

For an objective total of 25, down from 50.  It’s VERY LIKELY that NO1 will have to be increased for Pacific alone (somewhere in the realm of another 15 to 20, increasing NO1 to 25 and the possible total to 40 to 45)

However, this is probably the number 1 issue that has not been resolved between the theater games and the global games (and the US income swing is probably also the number 1 thing that determines balance).  Unfortunately, most playtest energy has been focused on the Global game and very few people playtest the theatre games, so it remains unresolved.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m