• Paris and Normandy will be taken in the first to turns and France will have nowhere to produce. This is a waste of IPC as France will likely keep control over some of their positions in Africa for at least a while. One idea is to send an American or British transport down and pick up the French info in French west africa (both the American transport and the transport of the UK can get there in one turn) and then drop if of in Brazil making it a French ally. The next turn the French build a minor IC in Brazil, build an air unit or two and maybe occupy the rest of South America.  In turn 7-8 they can start sending one extra air or minor naval unit to Europe, Africa or the pacific every turn. Not game winner but every little bit helps and I find this move quite cool.

• First off welcome to AA.org Dany,

The only problem is that the French will have no $. When Paris falls they have to hand over their purse to Germany (most likely on Germany’s first turn ). Plus the fact that you collect no ipc’s from the territories still in French control, so again you can’t build anything with the existing capital rules. You would just be taking the Brazilian 2 ipc’s away from the allies, along w/possible US/UK IC builds. I guess you could make a house rule to change the capital rules, but your on the wrong board for that.

• Thank you,

After consulting the rules I see that you are right. I only thought they lost the IPC on hand but where still able to collect income. Loosing the IPC on hand seems like a harsh enough punishment imo. It is also a good representation of the chaos that a country will go thro after the loss of its capital. Not being able to collect income when not in control of your capital takes away a few interesting aspects of the game as the Britts fighting on from Canada and SA, the Russians continuing to fight on after the fall of Moscow and my really cool free French empire in South America  :wink:.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m