• The best move is to attack on turn 1

• @calvinhobbesliker:

The best move is to attack on turn 1

Everyone; what about getting a good push on China?

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

The best move is to attack on turn 1

Everyone; what about getting a good push on China?

At most, Japan can take 4 Chinese tt on the 1st turn. 2 of them are empty, and 1 only has 1 inf defending. There’s more than enough leftover to destroy the Singapore fleet, which cuts the UK off from the DEI, capture the Philippines, capture Hong Kong, and capture Yunnan, all of which deny objectives, and sink the transport off hawaii, preventing an invasion of Korea or Truk.

• @Dylan:

Okay so, as Japan when is better to attack your enemies, turn 1, 2, or 3. I usually go to war with Britain on turn 2 or 3, because I want to get some operations done on China, for attacking the US I usually wait till turn 3 because I do not like putting up with their crap.

you do know if you attack UK/dutch/ANZAC, you automatically are at war with US?
    so attack one of the 4, you’re at war with all 4
    only exception is if anzac or UK should attack you first
    then you can attack dutch/anzac/british without war on US

• pretty sure it’s in the rule book

• Customizer

If you do a search, Krieghund has clarifed that it is no longer automatic.  It does allow the US to declare war on you, on thier own turn.

• @jim010:

If you do a search, Krieghund has clarifed that it is no longer automatic.  It does allow the US to declare war on you, on thier own turn.

If the US were allowed to attack (declare war), and the Japanese were already chewing on the British, ANZACers and the Chinese, why in wide wide world of sports wouldn’t the US declare war?!?

Who cares if it’s not automatic? So it’s optional now, it would be insane for the US to not attack! They’re the big dog for the Allies; they need to have their a$$ in the fight ASAP!

If they didn’t attack at the very first opportunity, then you might as well stop playing A&A and go play Ken & Barbie. :-D

My question is when will the errata for this game ever end!?!

• Customizer

The consequence of this is that if there were an american ship in the path of the Japanese attacking a UK target, they just ignore it.

There have been some games where it is an issue if the Japs attack later than turn 1

• @jim010:

The consequence of this is that if there were an american ship in the path of the Japanese attacking a UK target, they just ignore it.

There have been some games where it is an issue if the Japs attack later than turn 1

The Japanese attack later than turn 1? Why would they do that? :?

• Customizer

I’m not saying that attacking later is the way to go (I think capturing India on turn 3 is unstoppable and the way to win), just saying that it was the intention.

With a bid, I would likely attack later.

The global game it would probably be an issue as well.  I would think the intention was to get rid of blockers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m