• '12

This has probably been adressed in an early game.  I’ve jumped from Axis & Allies 2nd Edition
    to 1942 in one move.

OK, so the question:  In Axis & Allies 2nd Edition there was a rule whereby you were only allowed as many ‘stacks of units’ as you had original pieces.  IE, you could only have 3 bomber stacks, 10 tank stacks, 15 infantry stacks, 2 stacks of carriers etc.  Our group originally played this way but now we don’t as we don’t see anything in the rules about it.  Is this correct, no limits?  If so, out of curiousity, in what game did this stop as a rule?

If I recall correctly, the original NOVA game with paper map and cardboard pieces didn’t even allow you to use chips.  I remember playing Japan and having the maximum of 20 infantry, 15? tanks, a full airforce and saving enough money to completely replace the land and air forces after the big battle.  Maybe we were playing it wrong way back then but it certainly made the axis fight as they couldn’t build up for ever!

• Official Q&A

@MrMalachiCrunch:

OK, so the question:  In Axis & Allies 2nd Edition there was a rule whereby you were only allowed as many ‘stacks of units’ as you had original pieces.  IE, you could only have 3 bomber stacks, 10 tank stacks, 15 infantry stacks, 2 stacks of carriers etc.  Our group originally played this way but now we don’t as we don’t see anything in the rules about it.  Is this correct, no limits?

No limits.  You can use any identifying marker to top your stacks.  See page 7 of the Rulebook.

@MrMalachiCrunch:

If so, out of curiousity, in what game did this stop as a rule?

This rule went away in Revised (2004).

• '12

Ah yes, pretty black and white, missed it.  Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m