• For example an IS shoots at close range a tiger from behind en 12 dices are 4+.

Or the second example 2 tanks shoot at the tiger, 1 scores 2 hits the other scores 1 hit.

Is the tiger destroyed in both examples? When does the remove first damage counter counts?

• I’m an old-school player, so my memory of the revised stats is not as good.  Tigers used to have Superior Armour (with a different game effect) but the new Tigers have what used to be called Hulking Mass?  Remove the first damage counter against this unit (once per game)>  If that’s the one then here’s the answer:

While I don’t agree with it in the 1st case, the ruling last I knew was that it is destroyed in neither case.  The ruling was along the lines of the following:

The hit markers are effectively placed sequentially.  As you place the hit markers, the 1st is a disrupt hit marker, the second is a damage hit marker, and is immediately removed.  A third hit counter (from doubling the rear defense) goes down and because there are two on the unit it is a damage hit marker.

The one with 2 shots is easier.  The first shot of 2 gets reduced to one hit marker, and the 2nd shot does one more hit marker.  Damaged.

Mot

• I’m not sure I understood Mot’s answer, so I will offer my own.  In both examples, you have scored three hits.  In each case, this results in a damaged Tiger.  That is because, due to the Tiger’s “Heavy Armor” SA, hits are applied as follows:  1st - Disrupted, 2nd - Damaged (but ignore this one), 3rd - Damaged (because this is the first damaged shot that counts).  You need one more hit this turn – or two the next one (to re-disrupt then destroy) – in order to kill the Tiger.

• Same answer, just more terse :)

• @Motdc:

Same answer, just more terse :)

Well, I am a lawyer. :wink:

• Im not sure on  the tigers armor but if you score 2 hits with one and 1 hit with the other, aslong as you beat its Superior which i believe it has then you kill it, in the 1st scenario, you need to double its base armor, not its armor with superior so i believe a tiger is a 7/6 SA 2 so yes you would kill it in both scenarios.

• @Mitch0002:

Im not sure on  the tigers armor but if you score 2 hits with one and 1 hit with the other, aslong as you beat its Superior which i believe it has then you kill it, in the 1st scenario, you need to double its base armor, not its armor with superior so i believe a tiger is a 7/6 SA 2 so yes you would kill it in both scenarios.

I’m pretty sure Tigers no longer have “Superior Armour”, but instead now have “Heavy Armour”

• http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/about3898.html&highlight=

You can find revised cards through Eastern Front here. Revised cards have a ribbon in the lower right hand corner of the card. Hope this helps.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m