• AxisandAllies.org patrons –

Do to an unfortunate event (a malicious virus), all of this forum’s posts have been lost. This hurts me more than anybody. I have been around this website for four and a half years. The posts we had date back to about four years ago. That is a long time, and a lot of information. I personally posted 3250 posts, and every one is now gone.

But we’ll recover. Axisandallies.org has more active users now than at any time in its history. We have recovered from devastating incidents like this in the past – one incident in particular comes to mind. In September of 2001, a hacker got into the website and deleted all of our posts and more. The community recovered and grew into what it is today.
    Unfortunately for me, this incident comes at the worst possible time. I leave for my freshman year at Providence College tomorrow. I do not know how much time I will be able to devote to this site in the coming weeks. Djensen is back and can handle the administrative side of things, and I’m sure Cystic Cript and Dzrtfish (a third moderator is on the way) will do a fine job.
    What I ask of all of you is simple. We have lost a treasure-trove of information. I challenge you all to rebuild that treasure-trove. In the Axis and Allies forums, open up topics about basic strategy that you may not have discussed for six months. Even if you don’t play Axis and Allies: Europe or Pacific any more, provide some input for people who are just getting in to the game. In the general discussion forum, I challenge you all to open and join discussion on all topics. Why not open up an old debate that you enjoyed from months ago?
    Bottom line, this is a new beginning. Let’s work together to reestablish these forums as the best place for board gaming discussion on the internet.

EJ Fagan aka “Yanny”
    Axisandallies.org Admin

• I love college : ) I actually have more free time now than ever. Of course, I really should be studying right now. Half of the old testament is due tomorrow…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m