• “It is like comparing the axis and allies tank to the axis and allies europe tank. big difference!”
    Quote from Horten Flyingwing

LOL, nice

1. Although i now loosely follow the religion of my parents, it required several years of assessment, research and introspection. Naturally my parents had some influence on my decision in ways i do not know, however my sisters and i are fiercely independent people, and any apparent pressure would provoke a very strong reaction in the opposite direction. I believe i have a relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ, and that is something that is difficult to disguard. As for my denomination, it seems to most closely follow Jesus’ teachings and the early church (i know everyone says that). At the same time, I am a pacifist, i believe in a “believer’s baptism”, and a “simple” Christian walk.
    2. I am a Mennonite - an Anabaptist - kind of like Baptists, except usually a little more sedate, pacifists, and many of us have a strong ethnic heritage as well - much like the Jews (nomadic existance, leaving countries of persecution for our beliefs etc.)
    3. I believe that there is beauty in all religions, Christian and otherwise. Probably some truth as well (Hinduism, for example, is a brilliant social experiment, if not a religion - who wouldn’t want to build Karma for the next life?). At the same time they all are missing a vital ingredient - a relationship with Jesus Christ.
      Oh, and i can understand agnosticism - that makes sense to me. I was one briefly, and i can understand that some people are searching. Atheism i have more of a problem with, but that might be an appropriate “other discussion”
      thanks for enduring the windyness
      cc

• 1. I like the idea of the religion i was born into, you are not givin the keys to selvation but have to find them for your self
    I prefere it becase it allows me to live my life the way i want to and lets me belive what i want with out any fear of opression.

2. i am a protestent ( not Lutheren or any other denomnation of it but just protenstent)
    i don’t go to church, i belive jesus was just a man and i belive in a suprime being not god.

3.i belive in freedom of choise above all else. so what other people belive to be true is there own business and it’s not my place to scorn, however much i disagree.

with one exeption johvas whitnesses.
    i don’t mind there belifes but keep your belifes to your selves and don’t try to push it on other people.

“I will not kill myself for that Bohemion Cpl.”

• Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus (speeking of Hitler the day before his serender of the 6th army at Stallingrad)

“Ware my horse trots no grass gorws”
    -Atila the Hun

[ This Message was edited by: mini_phreek on 2002-05-20 13:12 ]

• quote: with one exeption johvas whitnesses.
    i don’t mind there belifes but keep your belifes to your selves and don’t try to push it on other people.

of course there’s a bit of a paradox to this statement in that inherent to the JW’s belief system is that they must Witness (tell others about their faith). I am sometimes ashamed of myself. I’m quick to espouse the great pizza’s made by Santa Lucia’s, or the hottest latest Athlon chip etc., but i do not share my faith very often with others. There is a difference between “sharing one’s faith” and “pushing it on them”. I mean, myself and a couple of others have been quite vocal in expressing our beliefs. Do you feel that we pushed these on you? Now if i tied you on a chair, put a sock in your mouth and preached at you, that might be different (and not very Christian of me).
    Evidence, I guess, that these things are all relative. I have a friend who is quite evangelical. The JW’s avoid him like the plague :smile:

• Has anyone ever heard of George Carlin’s 3 commandments? I think it sums up how seriously Christians Jews and Muslims take the 10 commandments.
    1. thou shalt try real hard not to kill.
    2. thou shalt respect the giver of thy nookie.
    3. thou shalt not force your religon unto others.

Of course before listing them right out, Carlin goes through a lengthy and hilarious process of combining and eliminating various commandments. If you get a chance watch it, Carlin is always good humor.

• he’s funny, but not as insightful as Dennis Miller. I think he ought to run for President.

• but he does not belive in his country

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m