Europe or pacific? which one takes longer?

• Hi!
    I’m interested in either buying A&A europe or pacific. I’m proud owner of the original A&A boardgame. The point is that I love the game, but I don’t have the time to play it, since one game takes up to 15+ hours!!! (The shortest match I ever played was with my girlfriend- she lost after three hours ;-> )
    So, which one is better and which one (europe or pacific) is shorter?
    Regards,
    -P

• Pacific is a much shorter game once you have digested the many rule changes. The reason is that Japan accumulates victory points at the end of every turn, and once it reaches 21 the game is over, no matter how close the allies are to overwhelming Japan. In our experience, a game of AAP now lasts approximately 3.5 to 5 hours. The most time is taken up on the first round when Japan has so very many options. It can be very hard for the Japanese player to work out his whole strategy. A first time player can easily spend a half hour to 45 minutes, or more, working out Japan’s initial attacks. With the Europe game we had some that lasted upwards of seven hours, because the only way to win is the capture of a capitol.

• I find, on average, that pacific is longer than europe. Why? Well if japan is winning its a 6 or 7 turn game. But if Japan is losing the game can last 10 turns. Europe mostly is a 7 turn game no matter who wins.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m