• Also im wondering if the aircraft carrier will actually have little minature airplanes on their decks carrying them around.  That would be sweet as hell.  :lol:

• Wow that looks great.  I am really looking forward to seeing this game more and more.  To bad It will not be out till next year.  But then again I have been spending way too much on building my armies this year…

• @MechanizedWarfare:

Also im wondering if the aircraft carrier will actually have little minature airplanes on their decks carrying them around.  That would be sweet as hell.  :lol:

Not too sure about the size of the miniatures, etc. But IIRC aircraft come in squadrons of 3

• Well, it’s official.

Per WoTC Bob:
    _Starter Set: $24.99, 1 Rare, 2 Uncommon, 8 Common

Booster: $14.99, 1 Rare, 1 Uncommon, 3 Common

For scale, the Iowa is just a shade under 6" long. The Enterprise is about 5 3/8" long and a U-Boat is about 1 1/2". Yes you can see the U-Boat._

• I was questioning the cost for 5 miniatures in a booster, but considering that battleships are 6 inches long and carriers being 5 3/8, it makes sense.  Cant wait to make myself a US or Japanese navy so I can recreate pacific battles, like Midway, Coral Sea, and Leyte Gulf.  Or maybe some of you guys are going to make the Kriegsmarine instead, and thats cool too.  As long as you arent Russia, cause I dont think theyll have a strong navy.

• The distribution seems odd, and some have suggested it’s better to buy the starters (though if they’re fixed that becomes irrelevant) the reasoning being that
    "For only 10$ more than a boosters (+66%) the starter has more than double the units of a booster.

However this only holds true if you’re buying in small quantities. Take this example -  for the same cost (75 USD)  I can get 5 boosters or 3 starters:

Boosters : Starters
    5 rares : 3 rares
    5 uncommons : 6 uncommons
    15 commons : 16 commons.

So the boosters have 1 less uncommon and common; they’re rares instead.

I’m not actually that happy with the distribution (specifically 1 rare : 1 uncommon ratio in a booster).

It seems to me that unless the units in the starter are fixed, I might w

• @MechanizedWarfare:

I was questioning the cost for 5 miniatures in a booster, but considering that battleships are 6 inches long and carriers being 5 3/8, it makes sense.  Cant wait to make myself a US or Japanese navy so I can recreate pacific battles, like Midway, Coral Sea, and Leyte Gulf.  Or maybe some of you guys are going to make the Kriegsmarine instead, and thats cool too.  As long as you arent Russia, cause I dont think theyll have a strong navy.

I’m not the happiest about the quantity at the same pricing as AAM - I would hope they are of good quality and size.

• @Der:

@MechanizedWarfare:

I was questioning the cost for 5 miniatures in a booster, but considering that battleships are 6 inches long and carriers being 5 3/8, it makes sense.  Cant wait to make myself a US or Japanese navy so I can recreate pacific battles, like Midway, Coral Sea, and Leyte Gulf.  Or maybe some of you guys are going to make the Kriegsmarine instead, and thats cool too.  As long as you arent Russia, cause I dont think theyll have a strong navy.

I’m not the happiest about the quantity at the same pricing as AAM - I would hope they are of good quality and size.

Well hopefully they are of good quality.  If they are then im definately getting them.

• I’m not a huge fan of the naval conflict, but I do like the idea of mixing the two - get the higgins past the defences for an invasion, etc.

Also for the mixed game, I’m working on rules for calling in fire from local battleships, etc.

• @Der:

….Also for the mixed game, I’m working on rules for calling in fire from local battleships, etc.

That’s cool. I plan on overlapping games for scenarios too.

And I agree. Even though they’re bigger, and even if they’re of good sculpt and paintjob, the price really has me down. I would not call it generous on the company’s part.

Q1 2007 will be a time of tough decision I’m afraid. Until then…game on.

• @Der:

I’m not a huge fan of the naval conflict, but I do like the idea of mixing the two - get the higgins past the defences for an invasion, etc.

Also for the mixed game, I’m working on rules for calling in fire from local battleships, etc.

That will be cool…  I have thought it would be neat to have a good invasion with naval support

• I dont mind playing this as a stand alone game.  Naval battles rock!!  Naval battles are as awesome as land battles.

• Im not keeping track of the War at Sea minis……so can someone tell me if theres anything new with this?

• Nothing at this time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m