Rolling the dice - all at once or separate for different attack/defend values

• The rules say that I should roll all the dice at once for attacking/defending units.
    (What if I have more than 12 units attacking? - add some dice from somewhere else?)

But my actual question is:

Let’s say I have a bomber (attacks on 4 or less) and a tank attacking (hits on 3 or less).
    It makes a difference if I roll all at once or seperately.

If I roll a 3 and 4 all at once, I say, hey, both have hit (3= tank, 4 = bomber)

If I roll separately, and get a 4 for the tank and the 3 for the bomber, I only
    hit once instead of twice.

How is it intended, what do you do?

Kind Regards,
    sponge

You roll for each grouping sperately.

You set up the battle board with the units in the appropriate places:

All the one’s in the one area
    All the two’s in the two area
    etc….

Then you roll for all the 1’s, then the 2’s, etc.

Exceptions would be for Subs, Battleship bomardments, and maybe a few other things.

• Thank you very much!!  :-)

• In a smaller battle, where the number of dice is not a major issue, I’ll call different colors of dice as different units…
    “The 5 white dice are INF, the 3 red dice are ARM”  and then roll all 8 dice.

• @ncscswitch:

In a smaller battle, where the number of dice is not a major issue, I’ll call different colors of dice as different units…
    “The 5 white dice are INF, the 3 red dice are ARM”  and then roll all 8 dice.

Bingo….we even keep an extra set of six dice that are blue around, in addition to the black and white ones that came with the game, for just such instances (say, 1 ARM, 2 ART, 3 INF)

Mighty handy… :-)

• And us old AD&D players who have more d6 than you can shake a stick at…

It has been 6 years since I last played D&D, and right now, within 30 seconds, I could lay my hands on enough D6 to designate a specific die for every single unit in battle… including each INF having its own die!  100th level fireballs :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m