• Hi everybody!

I’m a player of old Axis & Allies that I’ve been playing for several years.

I’ve only played something like 10 matches with the Pacific version, but up to now,

it seems impossible to me for the Allies to win if Japan is a skilled player.

My question’s easy: Can Allies win a match against Japan going for VPs?

Japan from second turn can gain 4 VPs per turn, not attacking Austalia nor India,

but only conquering the islands.

By only reinforcing it’s fleet with some trasports and holding french indo-china and the islands

with infantry, Japan wins in something like 8-9 turns making it impossible with it’s huge fleet

for Allies to conquer a single island.

As someone of you all, ever won playing Allies against a Japanese going for VPs?

If u did, can u explain what to do with US forces?

Should US forces going supporting Australia during first turn

or should they wait in Hawaii for 3/4 turns until the fleet is somewhat fine?

Thanks a lot for u’r attention and sincere opinion,

Best wishes : )

• Hi

You are absolutly right, it is damn hard and requires a too much luck to win over Japan going for a VP victory.
    Avalon Hill has aslo seen this mistake in the game and has made a correction to the initial game setup… you can find these corrections on the official webpage or in our player help section, here .

Regards,

Daniel Malus

• Dear Malus, thanks for answering : )

the problem is that I’ve always been playing with the new rules u gently suggested,

but still I find out Japan always wins anyway.

If the Japanese player is well focused on the importance that New Britain and Papua islands have

and conquer them during first turn determined to hold them,

in my opinion is really hard for Allies to break into it’s defences before 8 turns…

please! Help me winning with the Allies against the odious Japaneses ; )

CU

• 2007 AAR League

There is a variant called HISTORICAL AAP. In that one, the allies are able to counterattack much quicker.

• Hi all, excuse me if i pull up this old topic, but i’m registered here just now and i find that this discussion is very interesting.

With my friends, we play many matches with AAP. We think that AAP is the BEST of the AA games.

I seen Japan to lose against Allied only once, and the Japan player was me… This time, Allies build 3 fleets: one with USA, of course, 2nd with Australia, for support and 3rd with India, giving her all 12 IPC every turn. Indian fleet were very dangerous, because thanks to the sub’s it can take easily the control of the convoy routes. So, i went to destroy it with my fleet, easily, but in this way i was keeping away from US fleet that easily attack me from back…

• Check out these strategy articles. Lots of good information.

http://www.axisandallies.org/taxonomy/term/18

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m