• Hey, I like to play as Germany and Japan vs 3 of my friends. I don’t struggle much until Britain pumps out enough bombers from London, gets the bomber upgrade (roll dice twice) and strikes Berlin everround, making me lose 20 - 30 IPC;s a round, with such little reinforcements and the fact that I can’t make 1+ anti-air gun on a teritory - how am I suppoxed to stop that? Any idea’s?

I have only played 4 games so far, anything I could be doing wrong or is Germany supposed to be under such economic pressure?

Is it better to defend with 2 infantry or 1 tank?

Also, assume my 3 subs attack 1 destroyer, 1 battleship. The way I understood it, the destroyer affects the subs by not canceling the sneak attack, but being able to still fire back if it dies.
    -Assume my subs roll
    -That counts as a sneak attack
    -Then I fire my regular attack
    -Ships fire back, … cycle restarts

OR

-Subs roll
    -Counts as sneak attack
    -Because of destroyes, defender fires back immediately vs sneak attack
    -Submarine does regular attack
    -Defender does its attack
    ….
    +Any other interesting strategies for a newbie would be greatly appreciated….

• Is this AA classic (original) or AA revised?

• umm, I just bought the game board at Toys r us 3 days ago.

• Revised.  Go to the main message board, and select 1 topic lower on the list.

• Regardless, heavy bombers can ruin the game. I would prohibit them from being used.

• If Britain purchases nothing but bombers, the Germans will gain more I.P. swing than the bombers can inflict.  If BRitain purchases tech, they are simply hoping on a wing and a prayer.  All the tech suck for Britain but heavy bombers and maybe longrange aircraft.  If someone purchases a whole bunch of bombers just run over them with land units.  Build an A.C. in the south to fill out your fleet once you have ramped up I.P. with Germany and then move it up north and land on them.  If BRitain does nothing but build bombers they become inconsequential.  Sure they take out more money that it cost them to build but they also have far less money than your mighty German empire.  If they invest allot of money in tech and get lucky they get lucky.  Full on bomber is a crap strategy.  The Axis is really hard to play.  Try to be more efficient on the eastern fornt and don’t lose tanks.  Lose infantry.  Very often you see people say that the everyone gang up on GErmany strategy works.  It doesn’t, a frugile and efficient Germany can hold out and do severe damage while an unchecked Japan will soar up to insane revenue.  Frugile, efficient, and conservative GErman play and strong Japanese play are required.  Don’t pay attention to the advice on sites to build a factory with Japan.  Build trnasports.  Always attack Pearl Harbor.  If the U.S. doesn’t engage the Japanese in the Pacific, Japan should crush Russia easily and the game will turn towards the axis as Russia is left staring at their 8 I.P. per turn without bombing runs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m