• If I attack China or India turn 1, then Russia will push in from Buryatia along with his tanks. If I attack Buryatia with full force the first turn, then pearl harbor goes unmolested because I’ll be using the battleship/transport and fighter/bomber from Japan

You should pretty much always go for pearl, and definitely always go for pearl if if think KJF is coming! The US fleet is going to be your biggest worry, not the India foctory and Eastern flux of Reds.

You mentioned that you consider attacking Buryatia on J1, why? I will only consider advancing that front if Russia retreats. In fact, I would go so far as to say that you actually want Russia to advance into Manchuria. This way you can bombard them and attack with all your airforce without landing them out of optimal position.

Here is what you should do:

Build 3 transports and 2 inf. Hit Pearl and China so the Allies can’t counter on either of these fronts. Unload 2 inf with your only transoprt into Manchuria. These 2 inf are the only units you should leave in Manchuria. Hopefully this will make Russia decide to send everything into Manchuria. On J2, your counter-attack potential is incredible! You can counter with all remaining troops from China, Kwangtung even, 2 BB bombardments, 4 fully loaded transports and any airforce you wish to include. You should take this back no problem and have no threat of a Russian counter on R3.

Japan’s goals for the next few turns should only consist of the following (anything more increases the risk of a total Japanese collapse):

• Try to hold the Asian coastal territories (your starting territories) but you should also invite attacks by the Allies that you can easily counter on your next turn (just like you did with Manchuria on J1). Moving further mainland is too risky and should only be done when a good opportunity presents inself (but it probably won’t).

-Always have 3-4 transports and always try to keep them fully loaded. Unload as many units as you can each turn into mainland Asia. If US fleet is strong however, then stick to 3 fully loaded transports being unloaded each turn. The remaining IPCs should go into strengthening your navy.

• To counter the US fleet, buy subs. You have plenty of capital ships already. Even if you lose one early, 3 is still plenty. Subs are the best attack/defense for the money.

The 1 thing that I can say that I find helps people the most when they feel overwelmed as Japan in KJF is that you have to have some give on some of your fronts. No one can maintain every front so don’t try. Relieve some of the pressure the Allies are forcing on you by deliberately releasing the pressure on one front that you can afford to lose (at least until you probably counter there on your next turn). Once again, a good example by what I mean by this is Manchuria on J1. By deliberately weakening the Manchurian front you are directly and indirectly strengthening all your other fronts. Hope this helps. Let me know if it does or you still have questions. KJF is generally not as good as KGF for a reason.

• @trihero:

That sounds good in theory, but I don’t get a couple of things:

How does Germany quickly annex Africa with 1 tank when the UK has the factory down there and is pumping out 2 tanks every turn? How does Germany meet up in India? To me this sounds like you’re building a lot of transports in the Mediterranean, and with that many IPCs going to transports then Russia can crush in a bit and gain IPCs from you…

Caucasus Is the gate to India and Africa! Since you said that Russia will pile a stack of infantry for defense, just but infantry, he wont be an offensive problem! If UK put up an IC in India and Union of South Africa, Germany will go for India first, and loose most of his infantry. Mean while Germany has transported 2 infantry each turn to Africa. Most likey Germany has wiped out UK from Anglo-Egypt on turn 1, including the fighter! UK will not be able to build so much since 2 ICs costs 30 IPCs and 2 tanks for Union of South Africa and 3 tanks for India costs 25 IPCs each turn. UK will loose foot hold on Africa and Asia, be so sure about that if you dont have an extreme bad luck!

TheDuke is describes the naval strategy for Japan pretty well, I do agree that Japan should focus on navy. But Germany should go for Africa and India!

P.S. I you nuy an extra BB instead of carrier for Japan then Japan will have three BBs. Those BBs will be very useful for shorebombardment on Soviet Far East. or any lost positions in mainlan. D.S.

• US builds with 1 battleship and 1 carrier. Sends all fleets and troops to the west, leaving nothing behind. From here on out he keeps massing battleships/destroyers.

…wait, you actually know someone who buys battleships?!? said person also wins to boot? i am floored.

• Your counterattack on Manchuria will only have 1 BB since the one in Pearl Harbor can only bombard Buryatia.

The UK can easily support 5 tanks per turn. I quite understand Egypt is wiped out, but those 2 tanks down there can really stall the German effort to gain many IPCs for free.

How does Germany get units to India without Caucasus? Russia is just there to delay Germany while Japan goes down; he can do that fine with mass infantry. Are you using the transport to get units to India? If you are, then UK will have an easy time dominating Africa if you’re not using those units and are trying to threaten India.

Caucasus may be the gateway to India, but you have to control it first with Germany…

• @theduke:

US builds with 1 battleship and 1 carrier. Sends all fleets and troops to the west, leaving nothing behind. From here on out he keeps massing battleships/destroyers.

…wait, you actually know someone who buys battleships?!? said person also wins to boot? i am floored.

Sorry Duke I ment Trihero. Moreover I did not say that he wrote anything about buying a BB, but subs instead. It is probably a better alternativ, but depends on what US does. I will not talking about details of this strategy again.

Have you tied my strategy called Game Over Theduke yet??? :wink:

• Have you tied my strategy called Game Over Theduke yet???

I’ve never heard or read of this strategy. If you ever want me to read something, just send me the link.

• Well, I would rip the Russians and the UK a new ahem if all I am fighting is a depleted Russia on turn 1 and UK who is splitting thier forces into india and Africa leaving my western front virtualy uncontested.

German Air force will solve the Africa problem. Keep dropping your 1 inf and tank a turn till it turns into the meat grinder in Africa. Than, put the vast bulk of the German airforce into Africa and proceed to march down the continent and take out the UK IC. This may take 3 turns till you get the full use of the German airforce again in Eurupe, but you will be making a lot of $ and can afford it. I would than solidify the coast ensuring I will keep Africa unless the US mounts a MAJOR landing. With the extra IPC Russia will fall like a ton of bricks very quickly.

Russia will fall well before the US can take out Japan. After Moscow falls, it turns into a war of attrition that the Axis will win.

As far as countering the US. You can’t, you can only slow them down. Whatever the US wants (if they fully commit to it) they will get. You just need to hit them where they are not committed.

• Full power blitz with japan to russia and invade amerrica with germany.

• I say just rearrange the teams. Those problems will more or less disappear! :P

• Just do your best to last as long as you can until Germany kills UK or Russia, or both.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m