• Im gonna say that they will happen, but they wont be nearly as smooth as we would hope. Their will probably be some corrutption, and tales of people being bullied into not voting/voting for someone they dont want to, but ensuring the secuirty of the elections is easiert than securing the security fo the country as a whole, since we know where the attacks will be targeted, and protect them accordingly. Im sue one polling booth will be attacked, but generally the majority of the people who want to vote, will.

• even assuming everything else goes smoothly (it wont), there is likely to be problems with the actual election itself. i mean, this is a new thing for almost everyone in the country. they may be scared to vote, not know how to, not know enough to pick a candidate, not know they can vote, not understand that its a democratic election, etc. etc. we shall see.

i think there are a lot of problems to be overcome, but yes, it is possible to have a honest, successful election

• @Janus1:

even assuming everything else goes smoothly (it wont), there is likely to be problems with the actual election itself. i mean, this is a new thing for almost everyone in the country. they may be scared to vote, not know how to, not know enough to pick a candidate, not know they can vote, not understand that its a democratic election, etc. etc. we shall see.

i think there are a lot of problems to be overcome, but yes, it is possible to have a honest, successful election

Agreed, there is no way, and what if Kerry gets elected?!?!?!

• no, idiot, we dont agree. i didnt say there is no way, i said it is difficult but possible! :o

• @Janus1:

no, idiot, we dont agree. i didnt say there is no way, i said it is difficult but possible! :o

Hey asshole, you dont have to be a dick. I just misread your post! :x :roll: :evil:

• clearly… :D

• @Janus1:

clearly… :D

Yes, I do dumd things like that alot! :) :-?

• Kofi Annan says credible elections are unlikely in February.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Iraq/0,,2-10-1460_1590197,00.html

• Kofi Annan is an idiot, :-? what the heck would he know? i say yes.

• yes marine, you are clearly superior both intellectually, and in how informed you are to the situation in iraq as compared to kofi annan, the secretary general of the UN. :roll:

• Unfortunately, I think it will be several years before Iraq can have a successful and accurate election. Too much crime, corruption and hatred is stirring in that ravaged country and if people actually believe they will be having an election which at least requires debates, political stances and campaign representations, they are seriously mistaken.

• @marine36:

Kofi Annan is an idiot, :-? what the heck would he know? i say yes.

I agree with janus1, marine, is this a joke?! Come on man, talk some sense. The chances of credible elections in Iraq are slim, what facts do you have marine to say there will be? They can’t even get people to walk the streets of baghdad yet without getting sgot, let alone have an election. They may have one, but it will be mostly symbolic.

• do you guys realize how many thousands of Marines and iraqi police will be providing security for these elections??? and janus, my cat is superior to kofi annan intelectually, were talking about the guy that says George Bush refused to listen to the UN because he is black! gimme a break!

• marine, you really are an idiot if you think you are better qualified to talk about the state of the iraqi elections than kofi annan. seriously, you are a moron.

• i know, but so is kofi annan.

• seriously, you are a moron.

i know, but so is kofi annan.

No. Kofi Annon may be a conniving, arrogant, Anti-American jerk (i dont think this, just for example purposes), but he is not an idiot. You cant become the head of the United Nations unless you have some degree of intelligence, and a large amount of wisdom. He may be the worst leader the UN ever had, but his intelligence far outsrips those whom we commonly associate with the word moron, mainly druggies, “meatheads” (or the “dumb jocks” for those unfamiliar with the term), and people who flunk high school. Those people are generally morons. UN officials are not.

I have respect for you, marine, but you need to watch what you say. When you want to insult someone in a position of power, say they are manipulative or dishonest or “scumbags”. Dont call them morons, becuase you will most likely be wrong.

• marine 36 said:

Kofi Annan is an idiot, what the heck would he know? i say yes.

i understand you disagree with him. this is not the way to do it. calling the Secretary General of the UN an idiot, asking what he would know, and then offering your un-supported opinion of the situation makes YOU less credible than you already were. if you disagree, state that you do, and perhaps a reason why, than you will maybe have some credibility (although it is still dangerous to believe you are smarter than kofi annan, when he is the head of the UN and you are, quite frankly, nobody (as am i, and everyone else on this forum)

• at the moment, but i intend to run for president, military service seems to be one of the criteria. at least thats what john kerry thinks. :) and besides marines arnt nobodys, the marines are the guys that spill their guts out for you to live free. most of them at least.

• you really aren’t too bright are you.

• A bigger question is not will they, but rather should they have ellections? I have to agree with people that say a Constitutional Convention should come first. Give them ownership of this thing called Democracy. What we think it should look like will not work there. Heck, at times it does not work here very well. Regardless, nobody will be willing to fight and die for some other guys version of Freedom. THEY must come up with what Freedom means for them. Then the zealots would be on OUR side.

It does not matter. They will have some sort of ellection. Those ellected will be walking targets, like the people in office now. Iraq is not gonna be a vacation spot for 15 years or more.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m