The big question, what religion are you?

• Calm? You? hmm, i highly doubt that…haha :D

• @Janus1:

although she at least qualified it as her personal opinion only, something that Janus did not in his posts, though he definitly should have done it.

well, perhaps in the interest of being civil, but otherwise, i wouldnt, because i believe i am right and you are wrong (you being creationists), period. but in the future, i can if you think its more polite

also more accurate.
    There still is a difference between “fact” and “opinion”. You keep citing your opinions as facts which is inappropriate.

• perhaps to you. as i said, in the interest of civility, i can make an effort to avoid that, but i have no personal doubt that i am right and you are wrong.

btw TT, i am exceedingly calm in this topic, i have no reason to be agitated, you are all wrong, and i know im right :wink:

• Man, Janus! Just accept the truth for a change! How could you be right? You have yet to bring forth any facts pertaining to the issue. little kids in sunday school is not a pertinate issue to gripe about. Why don’t you bring some facts into play? Hm?? Come on, don’t chicken out :roll:

• @tiger_tank2:

Man, Janus! Just accept the truth for a change! How could you be right? You have yet to bring forth any facts pertaining to the issue. little kids in sunday school is not a pertinate issue to gripe about. Why don’t you bring some facts into play? Hm?? Come on, don’t chicken out :roll:

don’t waste your energy. His idea of a fact is
    “there is no God and that is a fact”
    irrefutable, no?

• I should probably mention that your mentality is outdated. Creationism WAS taught excessively at one time. Now, with all the efforts to stop it, it’s been brought to a near-complete end and now evolution is the thing that’s force-fed in schools.

E-mail me personally and I will e-mail you some evidence that evolution has not only got less proof for itself, but has been proven wrong.

I should also mention, just in passing, that Darwin himself admitted at the end of his major book that he found tons of holes in his theory and that he knew it was probably wrong because he couldn’t explain them, but he published it anyway because he thought these holes would be fixed at some point. Guess what? They haven’t been. And no, I’m not lying. He really did say that his own theory was most likely wrong.

• You are very right CC. And I wont persue this one anymore because “There is No God, so there!”

• don’t waste your energy. His idea of a fact is
    “there is no God and that is a fact”
    irrefutable, no?

um, rude, no?

my quote saying im right and you are wrong was a joke.

Man, Janus! Just accept the truth for a change! How could you be right? You have yet to bring forth any facts pertaining to the issue. little kids in sunday school is not a pertinate issue to gripe about. Why don’t you bring some facts into play? Hm?? Come on, don’t chicken out

what on earth are you talking about? ive already explained my position and provided evidence. if you dont accept it, fine, dont pretend like i havent said anything and therefore you have won.

oh, and CC, stop being a jackass.

• @Janus1:

oh, and CC, stop being a jackass.

takes one to know one.
    and seriously - this is the only argument i’ve seen you play on the God debate.
    “there is no proof that there is a God, therefore there is none, and since i am right, then i am right” - or some variant of this.

• takes one to know one.

good comeback. really.

and seriously - this is the only argument i’ve seen you play on the God debate

then you havent been paying attention. also, this debate wasnt about god’s existance, but more specifically religious validity and evolution vs. creationism. i already posted my argument on evolution vs. creationism. ive already posted on other threads numerous arguments about the existence of god, which go beyond (there is none, im right and you are wrong). i post that often, but if you cant see the joke, than apparently your “excellent” canadian education isnt as good as you like to make us “USies” think.

• there is no proof that there is a God, therefore there is none, and since i am right, then i am right"

CC, your a doctor. I know this isn’t your field, but think about this hypothetically. Your in a lab and you perform some tests on a lab rat or something. The tests show that A, B, and C exist. There is no test for D. Does the lab rat have D?

• Yanny, he was responding to a previous statement by Janus1.

• I understand that. But I’m trying to turn a back and forth arguement into one of more substance.

• @Janus1:

takes one to know one.

good comeback. really.

and seriously - this is the only argument i’ve seen you play on the God debate

then you havent been paying attention. also, this debate wasnt about god’s existance, but more specifically religious validity and evolution vs. creationism. i already posted my argument on evolution vs. creationism. ive already posted on other threads numerous arguments about the existence of god, which go beyond (there is none, im right and you are wrong). i post that often, but if you cant see the joke, than apparently your “excellent” canadian education isnt as good as you like to make us “USies” think.

geee . . . i guess you can’t teach humor, eh?

• @Yanny:

there is no proof that there is a God, therefore there is none, and since i am right, then i am right"

CC, your a doctor. I know this isn’t your field, but think about this hypothetically. Your in a lab and you perform some tests on a lab rat or something. The tests show that A, B, and C exist. There is no test for D. Does the lab rat have D?

the rat MAY have D.
    In fact, the results of A, B, and C may even suggest the presence of D. Naturally without a confirmatory test, this is impossible to prove.

• Here’s a better question how do you know you have faith? How do you know you really have it, and what’s more do you accept your faith as blind that is without reason, in which case how can you be sure your faith is real and not just wishful thinking. Or on the contrary can faith be rational and therefore justified?

• funny, CC, how all your insults and elitism becomes humor when pointed out… :roll: . whatever, im done with this personal issues crap. lets get back to the topic.

id be interested to know why each person believes in god. were you just raised that way, and grew accustomed to it? or did something happen to make you believe?

for me, i was never raised religious. we went to church on christmas and easter, but that was it. for awhile, i didnt know what i believed, and just thought i believed in god (or did, but half-heartedly, whatever) then eventually (8th grade maybe? 9th? im not sure when) i realized i did not believe in god, and indeed, the very notion of god seemed absurd to me. and now im an atheist.

for a lot of people, i think the way their faith goes is almost entirely dependant on their upbringing. if they were raised with church, theyll believe, just because. if they werent, then they wont. i think thats more common than people actually having faith or not for real reasons, other than custom.

• @tiger_tank2:

…Just accept the truth for a change! How could you be right? You have yet to bring forth any facts pertaining to the issue. little kids in … school is not a pertinate issue to gripe about. Why don’t you bring some facts into play? …

Mind if i tell you:
    Just accept the truth for a change! How could you be right? You have yet to bring forth any facts pertaining to the issue. little kids in … school is not a pertinate issue to gripe about. Why don’t you bring some facts into play?

Oh, and btw, you were the one to start with the “kids in school” thing ;)

• if they were raised with church, theyll believe, just because. if they werent, then they wont. i think thats more common than people actually having faith or not for real reasons, other than custom.

So you’re saying all faith is based on obedience to an authority? But doesn’t the whole notion of free will tell us that God gives us a choice to believe or not. Here’s a better question could an atheist that is such out of misdirected anger towards god ala Joab actually still have faith in said God, but the most pious of men lack faith. That is does just going through the motions mean you have faith. And what is piety anyway?

• @AgentSmith:

So you’re saying all faith is based on obedience to an authority?

He doesn’t. He said it’s more common, there was no “all” in his post.

Here’s a better question could an atheist that is such out of misdirected anger towards god ala Joab actually still have faith in said God, but the most pious of men lack faith. That is does just going through the motions mean you have faith.

I am not sure what you want to say … but (according to the bible) you can be the “holiest” man on earth, yet if you don’t believe in god, you are going to hell. Whereas, you could be a murdering madman, as long as you accept christ as your savior (say on your deathbed), you will go to heaven.
    Have a look at the following quiz, to see how strange the “rules” for heaven or hell are after the bible:
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0203/biblelogicquiz.html

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m