http://popularmechanics.com/science/military/2003/4/battle_island/index3.phtml

what do you think guys?
    It is an awesome new weapon in my opinion…

• I say we take away foreign aid from Germany and France, and build us a couple of them. :wink:

• hell, lets build a fleet of em.

• I think those ships would be too vulnerable to attack. Nothing spells more of a moving target than a floating island.

• well clearly, it will be more of a logistics system than a frontline weapon. coulda used a bunch of them back in desert storm, they can carry a brigade, and be used as floating airfields? that would have been very useful indeed.

• You’re right, though the distance is questionable. It’s still vulnerable to a long range missile strike. I would like to hear more on the specs and defensive caps of this ship.

the fact that they can carry 24000 troops (if my calcs are right) and that it can land a 4 engine jet transport capable of carrying 100 paras is what blows me away…

• What type of engine would even power this thing? At what speed?

@TG:

What type of engine would even power this thing? At what speed?

well there all seperate sections… that make up the runway…

http://www.bwxt.com/Products/mob-bwx.html#JMOB

here’s the original site I found… give’s some more detail…

Hey, got an Invasion you’ve wanted to do recently? :wink:

• <cough>Canada!</cough>

• @Janus1:

<cough>Canada!</cough>

bring it.

• 75 million gallons of fuel

Shiiiiiittt…and I thought $25 to fill up my truck was a lot. :P

• just wait. by 2010, GM will be able to mass produce fuel cell cars (hydrogen and oxygen powered, emissions water and heat)

if we can set up the right infrastructure, we can begin eliminating oil dependencies.

@Janus1:

just wait. by 2010, GM will be able to mass produce fuel cell cars (hydrogen and oxygen powered, emissions water and heat)

if we can set up the right infrastructure, we can begin eliminating oil dependencies.

and use oil for flame-throwers right Janus :wink: 8) ??

• @Guerrilla:

@Janus1:

just wait. by 2010, GM will be able to mass produce fuel cell cars (hydrogen and oxygen powered, emissions water and heat)

and use oil for flame-throwers right Janus :wink: 8) ??

Naw, just start burning it to piss off Greenpeace. :wink:

• and use oil for flame-throwers right Janus ??

Damn Straight!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m