• Tell me what you think…
    This is just a first move, and does not involve the eastern front!
    Naval: Send sub and transport to attack sub and transport in german capital.
    Land: Attack Fin. Norway with the fighter and infantry from Karelia send the tanks from russian capital also. Then, attack the Ukraine with the 5 infantry from the Caucasus, the fighter from Karelia, the fighter from the capital and the tank from Karelia.
    Non-Combat: send 2 infantry from evenki. to capital and three infantry from capital to caucasus. Take all fighters used in combat and land them in Karelia.

Buy: 6 infantry and 1 tank, save 1 IPC
    Income 30 IPC’s
    Try it!

• Ummm… there is only one ftr in Karelia.

• I tend to use a variation of that when I’m playing in non RR games. What I do is send in the 5 INF from Caucuses and the Karelia INF, plus both fighters. Tanks I keep in reserve. Taking out Ukraine is nice, it does some damage to Germany. Oh yes, and I do the whole naval thing it’s nice to try and take out Germany’s fleet in Baltic because one less sub G has to atack UK with.

The only thing I would advise is to buy 8 INF instead of 6/1 tank. I think for the first few turns Russia has to go heavy INF all the way. Later they can buy a tank or two to take part in limited spoiling offensives.

• All right TG moses VI let me explain the karelia ftr not fighters
    move1:attackukraine
    move 2: go back to karelia
    move 3: attack fin. Nor.
    move 4: land in Karelia

This isn’t rocket science!

• It´s not rocket science - it´s illegal! That´s what it is!

• hmm ok, so finland:
    3 inf 2 arm vs 3 inf 1 arm 1 ftr
    the odds look bad here

• This attack would just leave you weakend for Germany to attack the big K on round one, the troops are better served just holding their ground in Karelia to defend. Now to throw things up in a non-RR game I will attack Caucuses, but I think the best thing for the USSR’s overall interests is to just sit on teh first round and play defense.

• but I think the best thing for the USSR’s overall interests is to just sit on teh first round and play defense.

Agreed most of the time :D

If nothing else you MUST keep Karelia stacked with INF and some defensive units. Lose Karelia and….

• @Soon_U_Die:

Back to the salt mines for you!!! You will be replaced by the Political Officer!!!

Why not just shoot him? :)

• Why not just shoot him?

Now now in the enlightened People’s Republic of (insert name here) we do not shoot people; that’s what the evil capitalist states do! We send our poor misguided bretheren to “Re-education Camps” so they can learn the folly of their ways…

• @kyrial:

We send our poor misguided bretheren to “Re-education Camps” so they can learn the folly of their ways…

I love Big Brother! :P

• @kyrial:

…in the enlightened People’s Republic of (insert name here) we do not shoot people; that’s what the evil capitalist states do! We send our poor misguided bretheren to “Re-education Camps” so they can learn the folly of their ways…

That’s what I liked about the PRC. They recycled their detritis over and over and over. Sadly, I don’t think they do it any more. :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m