• so do you not worry( as jp ) about FICB via India

• and what if the english win in Kwang tung assuming they try it like Indxux mentioned earlier…

• ok I can see now what you mean…

• The allies should only attack in Kwantung and in Manchuria if the United States builds an IC on Sinkang. Otherwise the Japanese counter attack is devastating…

They can take all their territory back in T1 and after that the game is pretty much over. The supply lines of the allies are way too long to keep the Japs at bay.

• '19 Moderator

Exactly my point.

• @Bashir:

The allies should only attack in Kwantung and in Manchuria if the United States builds an IC on Sinkang. Otherwise the Japanese counter attack is devastating…

They can take all their territory back in T1 and after that the game is pretty much over. The supply lines of the allies are way too long to keep the Japs at bay.

Well said Bashir! 8)

Russia must think DEFENSIVELY=SURVIVAL…

• @cystic:

Usually:

1. We play Russia restricted which means that Russia may not attack first round,

I think people should try playing with the rule that Russia can’t attack Germany until Germany first attacks Russia! I think that would be more historically accurate. And maybe it will help balance the game so the Allies don’t have as much of an advantage. What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

• think people should try playing with the rule that Russia can’t attack Germany until Germany first attacks Russia! I think that would be more historically accurate. And maybe it will help balance the game so the Allies don’t have as much of an advantage. What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keep in mind that history wise, the game is set in Spring 1942, meaning that Germany is already deep inside inside of Russia. Plus I wouldn’t suggest it since it gives too much of an advantage to the Axis. Usually it’s the Russian Bear that takes the majority of Germany territories, so a smart German player will not attack at all and instead shift focus against the US/UK.

As for first turn (without RR), I wouldn’t suggest taking Finland Norway. The Germans there are landlocked and I much rather attack Ukraine instead instead. Norway can wait until R2 to say the least.

• first of all you are supposed to send a fighter to attack manchuria with. You will have more than a tank and a man left. Also, the uk attacks kwangtung and lands the fighter in china. How can japan attack china with 2 fighters and 2 men? All they have is 2 infantry for fodder, they basically lose. Russia can even land the fighter there. I thought kwang+manch is bad, but then why do the best players do it?

• Supply lines are key in the Asian mainland area!!! With Japan being off the coast of the Asia she can easily send mass ground forces into that threater of war.

Then you might say fine as a ally I will build a IC in that area like in China or India then you risk the chance of Japan caputring it!!!

So it looks like to me that Japan has a edge in this part of the game.

However, that being said IF the allies build a IC and can hold it in either India or China then the allies will have a chance to stem the army of Japan!!

DAMN I LOVE THIS GAME :D :P :wink: 8)

• I dunno… a combined Allied offensive against Japan (given that’s no longer possible with RR) can be very devestating, especially followed up with up with a US build up in the Pacific. With IC’s operating in India and/or Sinkiang, Japan has very little options considering it’s IPC base.

• great strategy, the only thing i disagree with is the 8 infantry thing.

• Inxduk has this correct.

Attacking just Manch with Russia is foolish.

Attacking both Manch with Russia AND Kwang with the UK is perfectly viable and does NOT cause the Allied front to collapse (assuming you win both). And yes, landing both the Rus & UK Ftrs in China is the way to go.

This makes China essentially impervious to attack…almost certainly leaving you with 4 US Inf & 1 Ftr alive on the mainland. With the Bomber going to Karelia, the US now has a mini-force to take on the first mini-force Japan can assemble starting on US 2.

And, no…you don’t want/need to build a US 1 IC in Sinkiang to support this move…

This opening is NOT designed to defeat Japan…it IS designed to slow them a minimum 2 turns, which it does just nicely.

TG alludes to a deeper possibility of a full court press on Japan. This is also possible, but often leaves Germany too large. You’ll have to be an exceptional Allied player to pull a true Japan first strat off…but it is possible.

SUD

@Anonymous:

Inxduk has this correct.

Attacking just Manch with Russia is foolish.
    SUD

guest: thank you fo calling me a fool… :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m