• What are your thoughts on the following:

In a RR game, with at least a 6IPC bid for axis, would you consider it to be viable to purchase 1 Battleship, and 1 Transport on G1.

Combat: Place bid in Lybia, attack Egypt with 3 inf 1 Tank. Atack UK Battleship off Gibraltar with Italian fleet. Attack UK sub with Bomber. Attack Brittish fleet in North sea with 2 subs and 5 ftrs.

Non Combat: Move all units to EE + transport 2 inf from Norway to EE.

Place Battleship and Transport on Baltic.

I presume that this start acomplishes 2 things, first, it brings another dimension to the game, and second, terribly delays help brought to Russia.

Needless to say that on G2 you will have to move everything back to Germany, but this certainly threatens UK and forces UK to risk its initial airforce, and fear invasion. :lol:

• It also allows Russia to stomp you into the ground all by its lonesome. Those first turn infantry are sorely needed by Germany.

• It does to a certain extent, but if you can hold EE on that G1 (which is perfectly viable) and then on G2 start your infantry buys, and play defensive, Russia will get increasingly weaker … because no help will get there until US4 at least … too little, and too late … I will try it this week end … see how it works, I’ll tell you all about it :wink:

• I think germany has to focus on fighting Russia from the get go or else russia will amass too many troops. Russia is the key to victory. If Russia lasts long enough, eventually the allies build enough weapons to win.

• @Kidhorn:

I think germany has to focus on fighting Russia from the get go or else russia will amass too many troops. Russia is the key to victory. If Russia lasts long enough, eventually the allies build enough weapons to win.

Exactly!!!

KEYS FOR GERMANY:

1. Attack Russia
    2. Take out U.K. navy (if possible)
    3. Take Africa (if possible)

Mista Biggs 8)

• your doing it all wrong :x take control of the atlanti and draw the british into a naval battle AND WIN then you will be able to invade britan and russia at the same time whilst building just fighters and tanks (it cant fail unless you a flid) this may take awhile thouygh if you are inexperianced with the stratagy :lol:

• i forgot to say BIULD AN AIR GRAFT CARRIER TO AID YOU (SORRY) :roll:

• @ethy:

your doing it all wrong :x take control of the atlanti and draw the british into a naval battle AND WIN then you will be able to invade britan and russia at the same time whilst building just fighters and tanks (it cant fail unless you a flid) this may take awhile thouygh if you are inexperianced with the stratagy :lol:

I must be a “flid” because I cannot envision how Germany could pull off such a feat. Could you run through the first few turns so I can understand where I am going wrong? Please go off the assumption that UK buys 1 TRN, 1 AC and the USA non-combat moves 2 FTRs to the UK SZ in the first turn.

Thanks

• I would like to hear (read) this explanation too.

It MAY be possible IF:

Germany completely whips out U.K.'s navy (except the transport in the India Sea Zone) – this would require the use of the entire German navy and air force. This would stop U.K. from being able to build the carrier or the transport … and in turn – U.S.A. could only bring over the 1 fighter and the bomber (both would have to land in U.K.).

• @MistaBiggs:

It MAY be possible IF:

Germany completely whips out U.K.'s navy (except the transport in the India Sea Zone) – this would require the use of the entire German navy and air force. This would stop U.K. from being able to build the carrier or the transport … and in turn – U.S.A. could only bring over the 1 fighter and the bomber (both would have to land in U.K.).

Just because Germany destroys the UK navy on G1 does not mean that the TRN and AC cannot be built on UK1. If after G1, Germany has 3-4 FTR and 1 BMB, I will still make the buy. 3-4 FTR, 1 BMB vs. 2 TRN, 1 AC, 2 FTR (plus any potential russian boats) is good enough odds for the Allies. Especially with the potential to hit several German aircraft…which will never be rebuilt. The Allies can always build another fleet the next turn.

The only time I will not build the TRN and AC on UK1 is if the entire Germany airforce is intact and All of the Atlantic UK and Russian boats are gone. This rarely happens.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m