A&AP Statargies: What do you want to do for each country

• Hi everbody,

What are the best basic stratagies for each country? Here is what I have so far.

Japan - Capture at least 10 ipcs amount of the East Indies

• Blockade America with CAP’s and subs

United States - Land Bombers in China

Britian - Hold your territories :lol:

-Mike

• You really can’t block with CAP and subs as Japan. A few units attack them during combat then the rest move through. Yeah with 2 layers you can block in theory but each ally can hit a layer so it’s too expensive. US Bombers to China? How? If you can get them there you should be hammering the Japs. Japs need to capture 20 IPC for turns 2,3,4 and if possible 5 if not then just 11 cause 11 or 20 extra gets the same VPs

• OK complain about my ideas. But what are yours? :P

• this is what I would do.

japan- for your first turn, buy 3 tanks & an artillery. on your second turn you should at least have 30 something dollars, buy 5 tanks and whatever you can afford. on your third turn you SHOULD have 40+ dollars, buy 2 destoyers an 2 subs for the rest of the game.

summary- use the tanks to invade china, you’ll need them. spread your infantry out in china to where you use 2 infantry and a tank/fighter/or artillery to take those pesky countries and use the infanrty as casualties. with the subs and destroyers spread them out in the seazones that way us or uk cant run through you waterways. also try to take out as man allies in the first turn, even the us aircraft carrier in the lower right part of the board. and if you can, send some of those tanks in indias direction!!

united kingdom (india)- this is simple, just buy tanks. and use them aggressively!! hold the burma road!!

united kingdom (australia)- try to gather all remaining british naval units together and just build destroyers or subs.

summary- you arent gonna have alot of money to spend if you are playing a good player, so spend all your money. there is no time to waste!! try to get your territories back with britain, those islands are worth alot!! and finally, hope for good dice rolls!!

united states- for the first turn just buy 5 bombers and place them all in hawaii just because you can!! every turn after that you will probably have 72 dollars, but you must invest in task forces i wouldn’t bother with transports and men until the 4th turn then haul your marines and artilleries and start slaughtering!!

summary- the us could be effective no matter what you buy because they have so much money, but this usually works for me. try to send two task forces. one high and one low. this will box japans navy in, and their backs will be to the wall. oh and make sure you buy a fighter plane for china also, one every round, just for defense. hope this strategy works for you, it does for me, but i cant get into anymore details this post is long ENOUGH!!

cheers 8)

• I’ve posted a few of my AAP strategies so I won’t repeat them in detail. I’m convinced that Japan cannot lose when going for 22 VPs.

To win you must have a plan. With the Japs the plan is 22VPs. Based on that China is of VERY LOW importance initially. In rounds 4-6 you might need to grab a territory or 2 worth an IPC but don’t waste your firepower in the first few rounds. I’m not say don’t attack, only attack with stuff you don’t need for other battles. Also based on this Japan really doesn’t need any more land units. Again, I’m not saying NO land units but I’d say 80% of your builds should be navy and or air with most being subs.

The japs ought not to engage in navy battles where it’s a close trade in units. The japs need to conserve navy, ensure most air and navy can hit the allies as they move towards Japan. I often never fight the ‘big’ battle. The allies look at the odds and only when they can move into range do they. At this point a slow retreat while raking in the IPCs occurs.

Who cares if you lose most of asia and most of your navy while getting to 22VPs because as soon as you do, finee. You do the happy-in-your-face dance to the loser.

I’m not quite sure how to stop them as the allies. Japan will win on Turn 6 if you don’t do something to stop the IPC victory. The allies might never do their turn 6 and most likely won’t do turn 7. So don’t build transports and marines on turn 5 as they’ll never get used and they might not be used when built on turn 4 either.

The only way I can see it is with lots and lots of subs, present too many targets for their subs and destroyers. Try to get the jap to seperate his fleet and whittle it down when you can. Don’t worry about capturing islands where you can capture the sea zone. With a 72 US income why bother taking a few meaningless islands to get a few IPCs. It’s all about denying the Japs their VPs.

I don’t think the US should bother building more than a few arillery to mate up with the existing marines/infantry. Job #1 is being able to get the few dudes you have into Jap territory. Tanks on transports don’t do much against fighters and bombers and jap navy….

BB

• I was just reading back through some of these old posts - mostly out of curiousity.  Some of these strategies are truly wacky!!  Buy 5 tanks - bizarre.  Did these things actually work!!

SS

• 2007 AAR League

every pacific game i have is the all out blitz for india.  either japan wins or loses very early on.  people have tried to fine tune how to perfectly get as much to india as quickly as possible.( i think i have it down)

if india is not taken, might as well give up with japan.  thats why after about 10-14 games of pacific, i have stopped, unless you invent some cant do the crush on india rule.

• 2007 AAR League

It’s fun looking at old threads about strategy in all the game threads on this site. A lot of the people aren’t even on the site anymore so it makes me wonder how they are playing their games

• @balungaloaf:

every pacific game i have is the all out blitz for india.  either japan wins or loses very early on.  people have tried to fine tune how to perfectly get as much to india as quickly as possible.( i think i have it down)

if india is not taken, might as well give up with japan.  thats why after about 10-14 games of pacific, i have stopped, unless you invent some cant do the crush on india rule.

You don’t need a “don’t crush India Rule”.  All you need is a bid.  12 to 15 IPCs for the Allies prevents Japan from having a good chance to take India.  Playing to 24 VPs - instead of 22 balances the VP game.

In my view the game is perfectly balanced between players of equal skill if you give 12 IPCs to the Allies to distribute amongst the three Allied sides as a one time “gift” at the start of the game.  Set the VP target at 24 and go to it.  No other rules need to be modified to achieve a balanced game.

SS

• Are those IPCs in the form of free units placed on the board at the start of the game or IPC cash to be spent later?  I suppose either way most of that goes into Indian ground troops.

• IPC cash to be spent later.  New units on the board changes J1 too much.

SS

• For America

just buy bombers for the rest of the game to bomb japs

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m