• and about the idea of consolidating britain’s fleet down by australia, i’ve tried this before and it doesn’t work. i even tried bringing an american carrier w/ 2 planes in to reinforce it, but japan attcks w/ the whole navy + like 10 fighters and both bombers. hits on the bb’s, maybe losing a few subs and MAYBE a destroyer. and how exactly would america be able to get 6 fighters and 4 bombers over to the japanese fleet on turn 1?! (the 3 carriers i take as far away from hawaii as i can, the fighters attack pearl, and then land back on the carriers 3 spaces away from hawaii. the only thing that can attack my 3 carriers, 6 planes, and 1 or 2 destroyers are 1 bomber, maybe a fighter as well) on the second japanese turn i fly the 6 planes to formosa or frenchindochina or whereever they can reach, and i delay the US fleet from getting to japan until turn 4 by using CAP’s and subs. i am almost convinced that japan is invincible when you take everything you possibly can to india (and clear up the british navy on the way)+ take everything you possibly can from china too, w/out the entire front collapsing. You attack on turn 4 w/ approx. 18 men, 3 tanks, 13 or 14 fighters, 2 or 3 bombers, at least 3 or 4 artillery, and you bombard w/ 3 or 4 bb’s and w/ however many destroyers you have left. the most india can muster is about 20 men (even if china senda men down to help)

If they attack the fleet in Australia, your bombers can land on Australia, and therefore be in exelent striking position. Also, if Japan’s fleet is at Australia, that mean his trns are not protect going for india, which mean you can hit them. Also, if they are south, they get no covering fire.

• if japan can just keep the aussies under wrap while delaying the ameicans w/ subs, they have a good chance of winning w/ the VP win. the 2 turns before america attacks you just build all infantry, so you’ll have about 20 -25 infantry there to defend japan along with all your subs defending the sea of japan which might take out a tranny or two

• Japan always wins? Actually I have only seen three games won by Japan now. AAP is a question of time and tempo. Of course India is the best chance for Japan. But remember, a single Inf. or Sub. blocks the move of the whole Japanes fleet or ground troups. And that is what England has to do: blocking japanes movement and cost japan tempo!
    For America 5 bombers is the best choice in the first turn. Form Hawai they can reach new south wales the next turn and set the japanes fleet under havy pressure. Remeber, america can affort to waste them all in one attack.
    When India is secured, australia regaining power at sea and the american task forces are build up. The best tactic for Japan could be to concentrate its fighters in the centre of the pacific and doing kind of guirillia attacks on the australian and american fleet. It will be close and japan can earn it 22 victory points just one or two rounds befor it will be invaded. Hope that helps

Martin R. Krause

• @StrongBad1988:

next time i play pacific, i think i’m gonna use a new strategy. w/ the aussies i’m gonna build an aircraft carrier, and give the extra 12$ to india and they will but 3 tanks and 4 men to prepare for an offensive in asia…
    second turn w/ india i build all infantry, and w/ the aussies i’ll build transports to take my men on the mainland to take back some IPC rich islands

you have described exactly what I generally do with Australia’s first turn, but I would suggest two things: One, instead of 4 inf, get 3 artillary. And second, remember to put the fighter in New Soutn Wales on combat air patrol at the start of your turn so that it can land on your brand new carrier at the start of your next turn!

• if japan can just keep the aussies under wrap while delaying the ameicans w/ subs, they have a good chance of winning w/ the VP win. the 2 turns before america attacks you just build all infantry, so you’ll have about 20 -25 infantry there to defend japan along with all your subs defending the sea of japan which might take out a tranny or two

You’re not attacking Japan, you are also building all planes, so subs don’t help. Also, you never have to invade Japan. If you take out his fleet with you’re Air Force, he can’t move and if you land in China, you can controll the Sea of Japan. This means you can take the islands and mainland territories dropping the Japanesse income to 9 and forcing a loss. Also, with US bmbs in China, you can SBR all of Japan’s VPs away, so you have as much time as you need.

• dude, it takes forever to get trannys to china, especially if you’re buying bombers for the first turn or two. by then japan will only need like 5 more VP’s, and if the japanese player isnt a retard they will have at least like 5 (of the original 16; 'aint a huge sacrafice) fighters in japan ready to defend against SBR’s anyway. the best strategy for the allies is to have america go after the homeland of japan while india clings on to asia and the aussies take out japan’s fleet and takes back the IPC rich islands.

• dude, it takes forever to get trannys to china

You’ve definatly not reading something right. Why would you bring trannies to China in my Strat? Also, have you tried this yet? Or are you speculating?

Plus that would be 5 less ftrs against India, and America can always build more, they got a crazy income. Let the UK do all the Island hopping.

• @Rommel34:

. Why would you bring trannies to China in my Strat?

Let the UK do all the Island hopping.

for the first part; you DID say in your post to take the trannys to china. read it for yourself.

and for the second part, didn’t i already say that? you must not be very good at reading….

• You bring Uk trannies to China, not US. But I suppose you wouldn’t need that cause of India. What I’m saying is that if you control Japan with air, you have all the time you need. Try it some time, you may find it works.

• alright, i might try it next time i play as the allies

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m